Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Business finance homework
, A new machine can be

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Business finance homework
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A new machine can be purchased for $1,800,000. It will cost $35,000 to ship and $15,000 to fine-tune the machine. The new machine will replace an older version that is fully depreciated and will be sold for $200,000. The firm's income tax rate is 35%. What is the initial outlay for capital budgeting purposes? Need to know the correct answer to this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Finance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I could, so If I need help with say 20-25 questions, whats that gonna cost me?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A new project is expected to generate $800,000 in revenues, $250,000 in cash operating expenses, and depreciation expense of $150,000 in each year of its 10-year life. The corporation's tax rate is 35%. What is the free cash flow from the project in year one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bill and Mary own a small chain of high fashion boutiques that represent almost 100% of their net worth. When considering capital budgeting projects for their boutiques, the appropriate measure of risk is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HomeCraft makes wooden play sets. The company pays annual rent of $400,000 per year and pays administrative salaries totaling $150,000 per year. Each play set requires $400 of wood, ten hours of labor at $70 per hour, and variable overhead costs of $100. Fixed advertising expenses equal $100,000 per year. Each play set sells for $3,200. What is Homecraft's break-even output level?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which of the following should be included in an analysis of a new project's cash flows?any sales from existing products that would be lost if customers were expected to purchase a new product instead
all financing costs
all sunk costs
no opportunity costs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mix Sweet Shop bakes and sells pies. Mix has annual fixed costs of $880,000 and a variable cost per pie of $7.50. Each pie sells for $15.50 each. The firm expects to sell 500,000 pies annually. What is the break-even point in sales dollars?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XYZ, Inc. has developed a project which results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XYZ, Inc. has developed a project which results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital?use of debt and preferred stock.
variability in fixed operating costs.
variability in sales.
changes in EBIT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
True or FalseThree of the most common options that can add value to a capital budgeting project are the option to delay the project, the option to expand the project, and the option to abandon the project.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Financing a portion of a firm's assets with securities bearing a fixed rate of return in hopes of increasing the return to stockholders refers tobusiness risk.financial leverage.operating leverage.combined leverage
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

As there are 10 questions therefore sending you the offer, please accept it so the answer may be provided in next 24 to 36 hours, thanks.