Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Business finance homework
, A new machine can be

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Business finance homework
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A new machine can be purchased for $1,800,000. It will cost $35,000 to ship and $15,000 to fine-tune the machine. The new machine will replace an older version that is fully depreciated and will be sold for $200,000. The firm's income tax rate is 35%. What is the initial outlay for capital budgeting purposes? Need to know the correct answer to this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Finance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I could, so If I need help with say 20-25 questions, whats that gonna cost me?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A new project is expected to generate $800,000 in revenues, $250,000 in cash operating expenses, and depreciation expense of $150,000 in each year of its 10-year life. The corporation's tax rate is 35%. What is the free cash flow from the project in year one?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bill and Mary own a small chain of high fashion boutiques that represent almost 100% of their net worth. When considering capital budgeting projects for their boutiques, the appropriate measure of risk is
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HomeCraft makes wooden play sets. The company pays annual rent of $400,000 per year and pays administrative salaries totaling $150,000 per year. Each play set requires $400 of wood, ten hours of labor at $70 per hour, and variable overhead costs of $100. Fixed advertising expenses equal $100,000 per year. Each play set sells for $3,200. What is Homecraft's break-even output level?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Which of the following should be included in an analysis of a new project's cash flows?any sales from existing products that would be lost if customers were expected to purchase a new product instead
all financing costs
all sunk costs
no opportunity costs
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mix Sweet Shop bakes and sells pies. Mix has annual fixed costs of $880,000 and a variable cost per pie of $7.50. Each pie sells for $15.50 each. The firm expects to sell 500,000 pies annually. What is the break-even point in sales dollars?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
XYZ, Inc. has developed a project which results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
XYZ, Inc. has developed a project which results in additional accounts receivable of $400,000, additional inventory of $180,000, and additional accounts payable of $70,000. What is the additional investment in net working capital?use of debt and preferred stock.
variability in fixed operating costs.
variability in sales.
changes in EBIT
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
True or FalseThree of the most common options that can add value to a capital budgeting project are the option to delay the project, the option to expand the project, and the option to abandon the project.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Financing a portion of a firm's assets with securities bearing a fixed rate of return in hopes of increasing the return to stockholders refers tobusiness risk.financial leverage.operating leverage.combined leverage
Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

As there are 10 questions therefore sending you the offer, please accept it so the answer may be provided in next 24 to 36 hours, thanks.