Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Need help on building a C++ Visual Basic 2015 graphics.

Customer Question

Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send you some additional information within the next 30 minutes. What do you mean by model? Did I provide you with project 2 solution in order to complete project 3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is how to Approach Project 3It is always a good idea to implement the changes to any project in steps and test to be sure that each step is working before proceeding to the next step. Below I have outlined the various steps and the order in which I would recommend implementing them.The first step in this project is to create the the animator. It should be a singleton object. There are a number of ways to create singletons in C++ just as there are in Java. The approach I recommend is to create a class in which all the functions and data elements are static. In this way there is never any need to instantiate an object of the class. Instead the class becomes the singleton object. Initially this class should have a function that is called to advance the animation to the next step, which is called by the timer and a function to get the current step which is needed by the transformation classes. Initially it might look similar to the following:class Animator
{
public:
static void step() {/*Increment current step*/}
static GLint getCurrent() {/*returns current step*/}
private:
static GLint currentStep;
}When static data elements are declared in a class the data elements must be defined in the .cpp file, so in animator.cpp, you would need:GLint Animator::currentStep = 0;When functions of such a class are called, they are called as follows:Animator::step();The timer function should call the above function and it should also call the draw function of the Scene class so that each time the timer fires the animation is advanced by one step and the scene is redrawn. Be sure that you have studied the examples in the week 6 notes that show how to create a timer function.A simple way to test that the animation is advancing and the scene is being redrawn, would be to add a call to getCurrent in your Text class to get the current step of the animation. So at the end of the draw function in Text add the following:string step = to_string(Animator::getCurrent());
for each (char ch in step)
glutBitmapCharacter(GLUT_BITMAP_9_BY_15, ch);What you should see at this point is that after the Hello World text the step of the animation is being displayed. Once you know that part is working you can remove that code and move to the next step.The next step would be to implement the animation of one of the transformation. Because rotation has only one parameter, I suggest starting with it. The constructor of Rotation will need to be modified so that it saves the starting and ending steps of the rotation. The transform function will need to be modified so that the angle supplied to the rotation function is the specified angle times the the step of the animation, which would be the current step minus the starting step plus 1. You also need to check the bounds. In other words if the current step is less than the starting step no rotation is required. If the current step is greater than the last step it should only use the final step of the animation to compute the rotation. Create a scene file with only rotations and test to be sure the animation of rotations is working.Next modify the Scaling and Translation classes in a similar fashion and test them to ensure they work correctly.The next step is to add the keyboard functions to start, pause and stop the animation.That also requires adding those functions to the Animator class and also adding a flag to keep track of whether the animation is currently running and a function is isAnimating that returns whether the animation is running. It needs to be called by the transform functions to ensure that the animation stops when requested.The final step is optional but recommended for good design. You should notice that the three transform functions will have some duplicated code. Code duplication is never a good idea. It can be eliminated by "factoring the common code up the inheritance hierarchy". This done by creating a nonvirtual transform function in the Transformation class that performs the code common all transformations and then calls a virtual function that is overridden in the subclasses to perform the code specific to the transformation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from you but are you able to work on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can find a model, that may work..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard anything from you yet. I would like a refund....
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would just like to receive a refund.