Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Create an E-R diagram (I recommend using Visio and its

Customer Question

Create an E-R diagram (I recommend using Visio and its functions – relationship must be described in the crow’s foot format) for the system described below with necessary attributes, keys, relationships, and if necessary, associative entities. State your assumptions if necessary.
- Each semester, each student may register classes. A student must first select classes he/she wish to take next semester and put them in a list called “the cart.” Each semester, each student will be assigned a “priority” date to be able to process registration; and once the date comes all courses selected in the cart will be processed for registration except for those with restrictions (such as prerequisite). If the course requires any prerequisite conditions, the system will retrieve student’s record of classes completed and see if the conditions are met, such as prerequisite courses were taken before, co-requisite courses are being taken at the same time, or degree standing (junior standing, credit hours, etc.) is met. Otherwise, only the department chair, the program director, or the college advisor can determine if the student is allowed to register the class and the course will be processed by one of these personnel for registration. A course may or may not be offered in a particular term, which is determined by the year and semester (fall, spring, or summer). The same course can be offered in the same term with different section numbers. A student may repeat the course. Each section of a course offered in a particular term should have at least one instructor assigned; and have time, days of week, building, and room number. A student has a history record of courses taken with the course ID, term, and grade. The instructor will be chosen from the list of faculty, which also includes the department chairs, program directors, and advisors. A degree program belongs to one particular department, and has a director assigned from the faculty list. The program has a list of required and elective courses; however, the courses may or may not belong to one particular program (a course may be required by many programs).
Category: Homework
Expert:  ATLProg replied 12 months ago.

Hello by when you need this done

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Tonight preferably.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 12 months ago.

Will tomorrow work

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes, what time tomorrow?

Expert:  ATLProg replied 12 months ago.

Midnight

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

That will be too late. I have class at 6 and need to understand how to do something like this.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 12 months ago.

Can't do before 6 will opt out for others

Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Please mention how many hours are remaining in your deadline from now, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I need an answer by 6 pm
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

What is the current time now at your side?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
6:45 am. I'm Eastern time
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

I can provide the answer in next 24 hours, please let me know if this works for you, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The latest I can have is 8 pm tonight
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

You only need the diagram to be made? and I will made the diagram with some other software is that okay with you?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the diagram is what is needed
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

By any software?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm only familiar with visio
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

Okay, I am sending you the offer please accept that so I can provide the answer as agreed, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I replied with a question
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

I said okay and sent you the offer, please accept that but I cannot provide the answer within your deadline as you have delayed the acceptance, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you I'll pass as I never got the other response.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 12 months ago.

Okay, thanks.