GLENN
GLENN, Teacher
Experience:  Math Teacher for at least 15 years
79514296

I have 7 groups with n=10 and want to perform ANOVA followed

Customer Question

I have 7 groups with n=10 and want to perform ANOVA followed by a post hoc test (preferably Tukey HSD). the groups have normal destribution but when I performed the levene test to test for variance homogeniety the p<0.001 which means there is indeed heterogeniety of variances. ANOVA has p<0.001 and Welch test also p<0.001. so there is a difference in the means between the groups. my question is , do I perform a Tukey HSD though the homogeniety of variances is violated or should I do the Dunnett's T3 test that doesnt assume Homogeniety of variances between the groups. Please help as I am freaking out
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for using this site.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

If the assumptions of Anova are not met, then you should correct it first,

for instance, if the assumptions of equal variances is violated, then to correct it,

you can use transformations of data first. Both Tukey and Dunnet's also use the same assumptions of ANOVA, and so you can not proceed with them, besides you can not use ANOVA in the first place, if any of the assumptions are met.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

*************************************************************************************************************************************

If you are satisfied and happy with the answer, please choose a high rating. If you need more information, clarifications, or are not satisfied yet, choose 'Continue the conversation'. Bonuses are very much appreciated. Thanks!

You can request me in future by writing "For Mr. Glenn only" at the start/title of your question.

Expert:  GLENN replied 12 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.