Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I am learning VISIO and need help with this assignment I

Customer Question

I am learning VISIO and need help with this assignment
I would like the solution to this assignment and explanation, so I can learn. The Assignment is the E-R model using the Ivey School of Business. The one I clicked on
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The above question pertained to the first part, which I already did. This is what I really need.M2 Ivey School of Business: Doctoral Tracking Database - Part 2Assignment: create an E-R model using the Ivey School of Business Doctoral Tracking Database caseFor this part of the assignment, you will only be modeling part of the information - the basic information that must be kept about each student. Be sure to read the entire case for context and additional information relating to the student, but the core of your model will be on the first paragraph of page 4:Of course, basic information had to be kept on each student: first and last name, student number, home address and telephone, office number and office phone, spouse's name, enrollment status (full-time, part-time, on leave or withdrawn). In addition, the date the student enrolled in the program was recorded in order to monitor the university requirement that the doctoral program be completed in a maximum of seven years, and the names of the student's academic advisor, thesis advisor, the members of the thesis examining committee, and the thesis title all had to be recorded. For future reference, the Ph.D. program office also wanted to record each student's date of convocation, whether the thesis contained international content and what the student's first permanent job was after graduation.Goals:Develop Entity-Relationship modeling skills - use correct format; model everything in the description but nothing that is unclear in the description.
Model data from a set of requirements (using a standard set of techniques).The sample reports, format requirements and a reminder about the grading criteria for the assignment are provided in the documents that follow.Format: For the modeling assignment, use the Visio Database Model Diagram with Crow's Foot notation (because, among other reasons, it is much easier to draw). Within the diagram (and consistent with the convention you have selected), you must specify all entities, attributes (specifying unique identifiers and optionality), and relationships (including cardinality and optionality). Be sure to resolve all many-to-many relationships. The model should be presented no less than third normal form.If the model you are creating were implemented, it should allow for the generation of the following reports:
Student Status Report
Student Current enrollment status Years enrolled Academic advisor
Alcott, Louisa Mae full-time 5 Graham, Martha
Asimov, Isaac part-time 3 Baryshinokov, Mikhail
Bronte, Emily withdrawn 1 Robbins, Jerome
cummings, e e full-time 7 Mitchell, Arthur
Eliot, Thomas Sterns on leave 5 Jooss, Kir
Shelly, Mary Wollstonecraft on leave
3
Mitchell, Arthur
Singer, Isaac Bashevis full-time 4 Nureyev, Rudolf
Vonnegut, Kurt part-time 2 Astaire, Fred
*****, ***** full-time 4 Astaire, Fred
Thesis Committee Report
Student Thesis title Thesis advisor Thesis committee members
Alcott, Louisa Mae Little Women Holm, Hayna Astaire, Fred
Baryshinokov, Mikhail
Graham, Martha
Kelly, Gene
Asimov, Isaac I, Robot Jooss, Kir de Mille, Agnes
Graham, Martha
Nureyev, Rudolf
Robbins, Jerome
Eliot, Thomas Stern Is 5 Alonso, Alicia Dunham, Katherine
Fonteyn, Dame Margot
Nureyev, Rudolf
Vestris, Gaetano
Shelly, Mary Wollstonecraft Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus Mitchell, Arthur Astaire, Fred
Baryshinokov, Mikhail
Pavlova, Anna Matveyevna
Robinson, Bill (Bojangles)
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please mention what exactly you require in this assignment, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I need to do a VISIO ERD - see below (see format)
If the model you are creating were implemented, it should allow for the generation of the following reports:The reports are above: Student status report and Thesis Committee report - data above
Format: For the modeling assignment, use the Visio Database Model Diagram with Crow's Foot notation (because, among other reasons, it is much easier to draw). Within the diagram (and consistent with the convention you have selected), you must specify all entities, attributes (specifying unique identifiers and optionality), and relationships (including cardinality and optionality). Be sure to resolve all many-to-many relationships. The model should be presented no less than third normal form.Does this make sense?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

So you want me to make this diagram for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Is it necceaasry to use Visio or I can make it with any other software,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it has to be Visio.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

What is the deadline, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need it today. Is that possible? Sorry, I am new to this site and did not see your question yesterday.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

No, sorry I cannot provide the answer for such a short deadline because I have to go through the software first, thanks.