Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I need help with Computer Applications

Customer Question

hi i need help with Computer Applications
Category: Homework
Expert:  itstuff replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What are the computer applications you need help with?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a few assginments
1-http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/038228.pdf
2-http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/038231.pdf
3-http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/038235.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Assignment 4; Business Start Up Proposal
Bill, a close friend of your parents wants to start a business. Your parents refer him to you since you are presently working on a technology related degree. In your first discussion, you discover the following facts:
• Bill has been a sales representative for a major restaurant supply company for many years.
• His prior skills are very low tech. He drives from city to city, visiting restaurants and either provides his customers with supplies, or visits new restaurants to try and convince them to purchase supplies from him exclusively. He phones his orders in to the manufacturer, and other than accounting for his expenses while on the road, he does no record keeping.
• Other than basic email skills and a vague familiarization with Microsoft Word Bill has little or no experience with existing communications technologies or software applications.
• Bill’s business plan is to start a new restaurant supply business in his home. He wishes to spend more time at home and travel much less than he did in the past. He knows he will sometimes be required to travel to negotiate deals or meet with clients, but he would prefer to be able to do all this at home whenever possible.
Bill has already implemented the following actions:
 He has found an accountant who has agreed to help him set up his accounting system. (Do not consider any accounting software for this assignment. The accountant will provide that.)
 He has contacted six different restaurant supply companies and negotiated a fee and commission arrangement that will allow him to represent them and sell their products.
 He has found local training and certification company that has classes in all the major software packages (Apple OS, Windows 7/8, Word, Excel, etc.), which will allow Bill to start classes immediately.
Although Bill has minimal technical skills, he does know what he wants. As the discussion proceeds, the following items are added to the plan:
o Budget: Bill has funds for the start up, but the budget has some limits. He doesn’t want the fastest, biggest or best, ***** ***** will spend what it takes to have equipment that will suit his needs.
o Security: Bill has heard horror stories about computer information being hacked, and he wants your assurance that his business information will be secure, if he follows your suggestions.
o Hardware: Bill knows of no special requirements for hardware, but he does know he will need to store somewhere between two and three terabytes of catalog information from the companies with whom he will be working. He needs to be able to access this info at all times from any location. He has no knowledge or preferences about hardware and says he will go with what you recommend.
o Operating System and Software: Bill feels comfortable with the Windows environment, and prefers not to learn another operating system.
o The Cloud, Wi-Fi, Mobile Computing: Bill has no idea how these technologies tie in to his business, but he does know he needs to be able to do the following from his home office, from his car, or from any remote location: Check his email and compose/send emails at any time, place a supplies order via the Internet to any of his suppliers, be able to answer phone calls, and be able to set up video conferencing phone calls.The Proposal:
Prepare and submit a proposal to Bill that gives your suggested solution to his business plan. Provide Bill with the details of what he needs to purchase in order to have what he needs to conduct his business using today’s technology. Make sure you include the following items in your report:
1. Hardware: What items of hardware (computer, laptop, tablet device, telephone, etc.) should Bill purchase. For items like a computer, include minimum specifications for all major internal components. Justify the need for any major hardware items recommended.
2. Operating System: With the recommended hardware, what operating system choices are available and which would be best? Why?
3. Other Technologies: Include the details on any peripheral devices and technologies that you propose (“The Cloud”, mobile computing devices, Bluetooth, wireless networking, etc.) and explain how they fit into the business plan.
4. Software & Training: List the software applications that should be purchased. Include the training courses that Bill should attend to gain basic skills in the software packages you recommend.
5. Cost: Provide Bill with an estimated cost for him to implement all of your suggestions.
Your proposal will be evaluated using the rubric below. Make sure you read the rubric and have a clear idea of what is expected. If there are any additional questions that you would have asked Bill be sure to note them as you explain to Bill what networking options he has so that you can explain what additional information could change your suggestion if any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Assignment 8; Business Consulting
Remember Bill? He was the gentleman that you helped to start up his business in week 4. Well his business is doing well, but he has come to you with some questions and concerns. You discuss each of these with Bill and promise to send him a written report with your suggestions and recommendations. Submit your written response to Bill’s questions and concerns below.
1. Bill has set up a spreadsheet in Excel that will help him keep track of expenses. So far, he has this:
Tell Bill how to do the following tasks:
• What formula or function does he put in Column F that will show the total expenses for each day?
• What formula or function does he put in columns B through F in Row 13 that will give him the total expenses for the week in each category?
• Bill wants the entry in Column G to remind him of expenses that require receipts for the accountant. Tell Bill what to put in Column G to do this:
a. Print the word “Yes” in any row where the total daily expenses are greater than or equal to $100.00.
b. If the daily expenses total is less than $100.00, leave the Column G entry for that row blank.
2. Bill’s business is already expanding. He thinks that in a few weeks, he will need to hire one or two employees to help him. He knows that each new employee will need their own computer. He is also making the necessary changes so that the new employees will be working in a spare room in Bill’s house. Explain to Bill what networking options he has. Go through each type or configuration of network possible for him, making sure that you explain the pros and cons of each configuration. Finish with your suggestion for the network that he should set up and explain what new hardware will be required to do this.
3. With the possibility of three business computers in his home, and all of his business records possibly vulnerable, this would be a good time to advise Bill on how to set up a routine plan to protect and defend his new network. Provide a list of the five most important concerns for safety and security of the network and the computers in the network. For each concern, specify the action to be taken, and if applicable, what software you recommend be added to the system. Justify each of your recommendations.Your proposal will be evaluated using the rubric below. Make sure you read the rubric and have a clear idea of what is expected. If there are any additional questions that you would have asked Bill be sure to note them as you explain to Bill what networking options he has so that you can explain what additional information could change your suggestion if any.
Expert:  itstuff replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Let me open this issue to other appropriate experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from an expert. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You want the answer for assignment 1 2 3, 4 and 8? please confirm, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can anyone help???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I can help you for all of these assignments but there is a single requirement in assignment 8 which I am not familiar with so please let me know if you want answer, thanks. Also mention the deadline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whatever u can do is great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a deadline so as soon as u can
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Okay I am sending you the offer please accept it so I can provide the answers for all the assignments, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, better luck next time, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can anyone help me with 1.2.3.??
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please repost my question? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not going to see pay those amounts
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

In this matter you need to contact customer service and they will do this for you, thanks.