Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

You have been requested to develop a Java application local

Customer Question

You have been requested to develop a Java application for the local library as part of an upgrade initiative. As in all libraries, this is a place where one can check out books. As in all good object-oriented programming development projects, the first
step would be to prepare a design. UML tools such as the use case diagrams, sequence diagram and class diagram must be developed. Through this process, you will better understand the user requirements. The IT management staff has already completed a list of
requirements for the application. You should use the list below as the basis for your requirements. The requirements for the application are: • The application will act as a library support system. • The library lends books to borrowers, who are registered
in the system. The books are also cataloged. • The library handles the purchase of new books and magazines. Many copies of popular titles are bought. Books and magazines are given away when they are out of date or in bad condition. • An employee of the library
interacts with the customers. The employee's work is supported by the system. • Modifications to information such as titles and customers can be made easily by using the application. • The application is able to run under most operating systems, including
UNIX and Windows, and has a modern graphical user interface. • The application is designed for future growth. • A book may be reserved. The actors will be identified as the employees and the borrowers. The employees are the users of the system and the borrowers
are the customers, although occasionally, an employee or another library may be a borrower as well. The borrower is not intended to directly interact with the system. The borrower's functions are done on behalf of the borrower by the librarian. First, create
a class diagram of the library application from these requirements. Your classes will correspond to Borrower, Item, etc. Each will be a class. You can use any UML tool you have access to or you may use Word to create the diagram - just make sure it is legible.
Be sure to explain your class diagram in some detail. Second, identify what the library system will be used for and who will be using it. These are the use cases and actors, respectively. All use cases must begin with an actor, and some will end with an actor
as well. Actors are people or other systems that are outside of the system you are working on. Prepare five use case diagrams. There should be one diagram for each of the following: lending a book, returning a book, removing a book, adding a customer and updating/removing
a customer. You may think of others but you must develop one use case diagram for at least these five. Each use case should be documented. Include the use case name, actors and description. Next prepare the sequence diagram that illustrates the library system
as a whole. Your UML diagrams must be included in a Word document. The document must be APA style.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with the solution. When is the deadline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The dealine is Sunday. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11/15, so there is time.
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Okay do you have any PDF or Word file with complete requirement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I posted the completed requirement, but I am going to attach a word doc with the requirements as well
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the file. I use Microsoft visio 2013 for generating UML is that fine with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The assignment requires to include the UML diagrams in a word document. It is stated at the last sentence in the requirement file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would that be okay?
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will copy and paste in word

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great thanks
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just wanted to check in to see if the assignment is coming along and will be completed by tomorrow. Please let me know. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I am checking with you again as I have not received a response yet. Please advise if you are still working on the assignment and that it will be completed today. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Please opt out for this question. It has been assigned to a different expert. Thanks
This question is for LogicPro.