Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Late homeworks are not accepted. If you cannot make it to

Customer Question

Late homeworks are not accepted. If you cannot make it to lecture, you should arrange to hand in your homework ahead of time. For data, you must use the August 2015 CPS data set. Simulate the Central Limit Theorem. [First construct a series x. Then fill it with random integers using the command rndint(x,138). Open the variable wages and view `stats by classification’. Classify by series x, and uncheck the two `Group into bins if’ conditions below. Select and copy the means associated with each integer category (not the total), and paste them as a new workfile.] Print the resulting histogram and statistics. Do this two more times (you only need to `re-seed' the variable x). Create a new random variable Y, such that Y~N(μ, σ2/100), where μ and σ are the mean and sd of the original wages variable from the CPS data set. (Use the command: series y = μ + σ[email protected] , where μ and σ are the appropriate numbers.) Take a random sample (of size n = 139) from Y, and print out the histogram and statistics. Do this two more times. Write a short paragraph comparing these statistics and the distribution with those of the original wages variable, and your random samples from Y.

Unless specified otherwise, your Basic Sample should be persons whose age is in the 23-28 (inclusive) range, who are working at least 40 hours per week. Modify those, and only those, parameters that you must in order to follow the instructions for the particular exercises below. If a (sub-)sample has less than 4 observations, simply note “insufficient sample size”, and move to the next item. 1. Produce the “histogram and statistics”, and confidence intervals (variance unknown) at the .95 and .99 levels for the following groups’ wages: a. Persons with a bachelor’s degree.

b. Persons with less education than a bachelor’s degree.

c. Persons with more education than a bachelor’s degree.

• Calculate the lengths of these intervals. Describe what the various differing lengths tell you about the uncertainty in your point estimate of the mean. What is responsible for the various changes in length?

• For each pair of these groups, what conclusions, if any, can you draw about the plausibility they come from the same underlying population (in terms of wages earned)? Explain your answers.

2. Return to the Basic Sample, but further restrict it to men living in California who have Bachelor’s degree as their highest level of education. Produce point estimates of the mean of the wages of males whose highest degree is a bachelor’s degree. Assume the variance is known and construct confidence intervals at the .95 and .99 levels. Assume the variance is unknown and reconstruct these confidence intervals. What is the ratio of length of the latter confidence interval over the former? What is the ratio of the corresponding margins of error? (Compare the variance known/unknown assumptions at each confidence level, and compare the confidence levels at each category of known/unknown variance assumption.) What effect is the substantial decrease in sample size having on your statistical analyses?

3. Do problem 2, but replacing men with women. What, if anything do the lengths and locations of the two sets of intervals tell you about the plausibility of the relevant men's and women's wages being drawn from the same population?

4. Use the entire data set (not just the Basic Sample) to construct (i) point estimates, (ii) margins of error, and (ii) confidence intervals (all at the 95% level, variance unknown) to address the following questions:

a. What is the average age of persons who make at least 100k/year? b. What is the average age of persons with Bachelor’s or higher degrees who make at least 100k/year?

c. What is the average age of Californians who make at least 100k/year? d. What is the average age of Missourians who make at least 100k/year?

5. Use any combination of any variables (except wages) in the entire data set you to create a subsample that is (i) most like you personally, but that (ii) contains at least 8 observations (i.e. n ≥ 8). (There will be many correct choices; just be specific about what your subsample is.) Create point estimates and confidence intervals (95%, variance unknown) of the average wages of your group. Also calculate the difference and ratios of the averages compared to the Basic Sample (your group minus the Basic Sample, and your group over the Basic Sample). Do all of this a second time, but with a different group that meets conditions (i) and (ii). Write a couple sentences about what you think might account for the similarities/differences between these two groups of people like you, and their contrasts with the Basic Sample. (Don’t forget that sheer, unexplained random variation (aka sampling error) is often a legitimate part of such accounts.) Which of the two groups you created do you think is a better representative of yourself? Why?

Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site.

When do you need the answers for these? Also can I use MS Excel for this or do you require a specific software/application in answering these questions? Please reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need it to be done by 7pm today. And it requires the Eview program

Here are all the information and materials.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wr038m5qh2ix8a/AAB6R5kdnlF43MIRGI15XeJta/Eviews%20Stuff?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot!!!

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am very sorry, I have tried my best, ***** ***** software really does not work on my laptop, maybe there are some technical error, and so if only these questions will be answered manually or by using excel, I can answer all of these, but I think, your teacher REALLY require the said software, and so, I have no choice but to just opt out so that other experts can help you on these. I am really sorry and hope for your understanding.

I am now opting out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you try this website? http://www.oit.uci.edu/labs/vcl/

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

I think I need an ID (UCI login account or local account) in order to use that one, can you provide me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure, could you give me your email address? Can I send to your email?

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ah in order for me to be able to send to you my email, I need to offer you an additional service, and this will only add $5 to $10 maybe, and through this, we can correspond and exchange our email, since this site does not allow both parties to disclose private info including emails, pw etc., do you want me to offer you this additional service? But you need to accept this first in order to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I agree...

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I updated my price.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Ah wait please, I am wondering why this service is not working, can you also try inquiring with the moderators, why this "additional service" is not working here with us, I am trying to offer you, but it does not work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I actually have no idea how to inquire the moderators.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ah ok, I have already sent a message, I am just waiting for them to reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I just post my email here, and you can just send me one.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

no it is not allowed, we can be banned by doing that, I mean you and me can be penalized by not following the site's rules, and one of them is both customers and experts are not allowed to disclose private info, like emails. So better we follow to avoid any penalties.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Usually, how long would it take for them to response? Since I really don't have a lot of time to finish the assignment.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

I do not know, right now I am also waiting for their response, I put in my message that it is highly urgent and you (the customer) needs response asap, so I am just waiting for their reply. as of now I can not do anything but to wait for their reply.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

but I know, it is really better if you (the customer) will be the one to contact them (moderators) since they usually reply asap especially if it is a customer. So I suggest that you better contact them to get a very quick response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just called the costumer service, they said you can just post the email and remove it. And I also let them send you an email to explain. Thanks

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ah ok, here is my email please write it down since I will delete it in 1 minute,

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

hi, did you receive my email? please reply. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sending you now

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent it.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

hi,

I think there is some technical problem in my laptop, either in my unit or in my server, that is why I encounter some connection problems, better i will just opt out, since there are some experts who may have no problems just like what I am encountering right now, and therefore, can easily help you right away. I am sorry but I will just opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then please do so. Thanks