Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I am trying to write a Game Engines program Game Engines

Customer Question

I am trying to write a Game Engines program for my Game Engines class, but I keep getting errors. Can anyone help me through this?
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a) Start an OGRE application and place a light and a plane, with materials applied, into the scene.
b) Establish a scene graph to create a third-person game setting. NOTE: The camera should have a scene
node that always follows the main player scene node.
c) Make the player to be a Sinbad mesh. This mesh will have a number of animations associated with
it. You will use these animations in steps below.
d) Establish your game’s frame listener for mouse and keyboard input and interactions. In particular:
1. You should be able to move your character with the WASD keys appropriately.
2. The ESC key should exit the game.
3. The mouse should rotate the camera around.
e) Establish your game and character animations. Your Sinbad mesh has the following animations:
1. IdleBase and IdleTop
2. RunBase and RunTop
3. JumpStart, JumpLoop, and JumpEnd
4. DrawSwords
5. SliceHorizontal and SliceVertical
f) You will now create the animations from the list above in response to user input. In particular:
1. Your character should idle if no key is pressed.
2. Your character should animate as running with the WASD keys appropriately.
3. Attach swords (Sword.mesh) to your character’s left and right sheaths. The left sheath bone name
is Sheath.L and the right one is called Sheath.R.
4. Your character should draw the swords by pressing the Right-Mouse-Button once. Pressing the
Right-Mouse-Button again should make the character put the swords away.
i. Use a boolean variable to keep the state of whether the swords are bring drawn or put back
in.
ii. You may need to use the technique we learned in the lecture videos to add some delay (timer)
to avoid multiple rapid mouse button presses.
iii. To put the swords away you should play the animation in reverse order.
iv. Don’t forget to attach the swords to correct bones. That is, the swords should be originally
attached to the Sheath.L and Sheath.R. To draw the swords you should first attach them
to correct hand bones. When you put them away you should attach them back to the sheath
bones.
5. Use the mouse Left-Mouse-Button to make the character slice horizontally.
6. Use the Shift +Left-Mouse-Button to make the character slice vertically.
g) Comment your code and submit your .cpp file.
There are two main items that each student must submit as a part of this assignment:
a) The commented .cpp file. This file should have sufficient comments regarding major components of
the code.
b) A report which explains the details of implementation for each item (from the Setup section above).
For example, for item (f-1) you will explain how the program is written to make the character idle.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a good portion of it done now, but i can not get my model to sheath his swords and bring them out. This is what I have so far. Not sure if you can see the document file.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think you can help make this GUI program? I am having some trouble with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the picture is in the link.