Martin, Physicist
Experience:  20+ years of research, engineering and teaching
47181708

Please simply write the command(s) which performs the

Customer Question

Please simply write the command(s) which performs the following tasks Debian (your VM) in as few commands as possible. Note: If you do not indicate which shell you are using, I will assume you are using the bash shell (whether or not you are actually using this shell)

1. (10 points) List all regular files in the present working directory showing only those files which have the permissions for group set to rwx. Note: use egrep and ls together!

2. (15 points) Write a regular expression to pass to grep to determine if a Chicago area (773 or 312) phone number, in the form(###) ###-#### ***** ***** in a given file (The command would be as follows: cat file* | egrep with the regular expression replacing the statement enclosed in ’s)

3. (5 points) Find all the groups (in /etc/group) which do not have users attached to them (note: groups without users have no users after the last colon) using egrep

4. (15 points) List all users (in /etc/passwd) who use either bash (/bin/bash) or dash (/bin/sh) and their home directory is in /home (second to last section of : has home directory). Hint: grep twice!

5. (10 points) Add the following path to your current path: /etc/rc.d for this session only.

6. (5 points) Create an alias for setting all permissions to read, write, execute (777)

7. (10 points) Copy all png files on the system into the directory /root/pngs using find and command substitution (NOTE: you should be root to do this)

Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done though. Are you good at writing codes in Linux/Unix?

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! I can help you with these seven questions. Can you verify that you still need them, or let me know if the deadline has passed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh The dead line had passed, but I will bookmark your page and see if you could help in the future.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Great! Hope to hear from you again. Best,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey..

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

hey!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cau you fix these? you dont have to, i have other ones relevant tothese

UNIX

1. Provide a command which finds all groups with four digit group IDs (third field) in /etc/group which contain the user (users are listed in the last field) ruth OR the user michael (Show the command only)

2. Suppose that you are running a program and type [CTRL-C] at the keyboard and the process doesn’t quit. What happened? How can you kill this runaway process? Explain.

3. (3 points) Suppose a logged in user wanted to switch to the Korn shell (/bin/ksh) temporarily (without logging out), how would the user accomplish this? (Show the command)

4. (5 points) Suppose there are two executable versions of a program in your path, one in /usr/bin and one in /home/usr/bin, and you want the one in /home/usr/bin to be the default, how would you ensure this if both directories need to remain in your path?

5. ) Run a continuous ping (ping 127.0.0.1) as a background process with the output going to a file, then look up the process, and terminate the process. (Note: Show the commands AND briefly explain the steps taken to achieve the desired result)

6. Provide a command which shows a list of all character special files in the folder /dev which have the permissions for group and other set to rw (Show the command only)

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.