Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

Suppose Bill is on a low-carbohydrate diet. He can eat only

Customer Question

Suppose Bill is on a low-carbohydrate diet. He can eat only three foods: Rice Krispies, cottage cheese, and popcorn. The marginal utilities for each food are tabulated below. Bill is allowed only 167 grams of carbohydrates daily. Rice Krispies, cottage cheese, and popcorn provide 25, 6, and 10 grams of carbohydrates per cup, respectively. Referring to the accompanying table, respond to the following questions:
......................................Marginal Utility ............Marginal Utility ......Marginal Utility
Units of Food................ Rice Krispies .............cottage Chz ..........Popcorn
1 ........................................175 ..................................72 .......................90
2 ........................................150 ..................................66 .......................80
3 ........................................125 .................................60 .........................70
4 ........................................100 .........
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes pasting formatted data directly into this site doesn't render as you'd expect.
I'm not sure I got all the information correctly and completely.
Could you please upload any files related to this project to wikisend.com (or a file sharing site of your choice) so I may have a look? If there are multiple files, it's easiest to put them in a compressed (zipped) folder and upload just that one item.

Thanks,
Ingo U

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i don't have nay files this is directly from a book

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Well, I don't see any actual questions... and the table rows are all on one line so I really can't tell what's what.

You could take a picture of the page in the book and post it, that sometimes works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Suppose Bill is on a low- carbohydrate diet. He can eat only three foods: Rice Krispies, cottage cheese, and popcorn. The marginal utilities for each food are tabulated below. Bill is allowed only 167 grams of carbohydrates daily. Rice Krispies, cottage cheese, and popcorn provide 25, 6, and 10 grams of carbohydrates per cup, respectively. Referring to the accompanying table, respond to the following questions:

Units of food Marginal utility Marginal utility Marginal utility (cups/day) of Rice Krispies of cottage cheese of popcorn
Cups MU Rice Crisp MU Cott Chees MU Popcorn

1 175 72 90

2 150 66 80

3 125 60 70

4 100 54 60

5 75 48 50

6 50 36 40

7 25 30 30

8 25 18 20

a. Given that Bill can consume only 167 grams of carbohydrates daily, how many cups of each food will he consume daily? Show your work.

b. Suppose Bill’s doctor tells him to further reduce his carbohydrate intake to 126 grams per day. What combination will he consume?

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Can you use an Excel spreadsheet to show the answer?

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Well anyway here it is, in Excel 2007:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6td9nlylw1acp6/MarginalUtilities.xlsx?dl=0

I hope that's explanatory enough...

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

just following up, were you able to use my solution?
Please feel free to post any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have regarding this issue.

If you're not yet satisfied with the result, please let me know what is missing.
I will do my best to make it right for you.

Otherwise, please don't forget to rate my service - I don't get paid for my work until your rating is received.

Regards,
Ingo U

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I hope everything was to your satisfaction?

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.