Zabo04
Zabo04, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  I have tutored and spend a significant amount of my time developing training plans for highly technical topics.
58597962

You are given a file called input.txt which contains valid

Customer Question

You are given a file called input.txt which contains valid usernames of freelancers from https://www.freelancer.com, one username per line. For example:
thetechie13
appstudiozsl
etc.
We are interested in analyzing the popularity of "Top Skills" that these freelancers have, because this could give us an understanding of what the job market is currently interested in. The top skills of a freelancer can be seen on their profile page, below his "Exams" qualifications, next to the "Recent Reviews".
For example for the freelancer "thetechie13", his "Top Skills" are:
Website Design:321
HTML:251
Volusion:222
PHP:175
eCommerce:174
Graphic Design:115
etc..
More specifically, we are interested in those skills that the freelancer is good at. A freelancer is good at a skill if their score for that particular skill is greater than or equal to 150 points.
For instance, the freelancer "thetechie13" is good at: Website Design, HTML, Volusion, PHP and eCommerce. He is NOT good at "Graphic Design", because his score is 115, which is below the 150 point mark.
We are then interested in counting how many freelancers are good at each of the Top Skills. For instance, assume that the Top Skills list for "appstudiozsl" contains the following 4 entries:
Volusion:270
Graphic Design:213
Joomla:176
PHP:160
AJAX:100
meaning that appstudiozsl is good at the first 4 skills. Then, for each top skill, we can count how many freelancers are good at it, e.g.,
Website Design:1
HTML:1
Volusion:2
PHP:2
eCommerce:1
Graphic Design:1
Joomla:1
For example, only thetechie13 is good at "Website Design", so the corresponding count is 1. On the contrary, both freelancers are good at PHP, so the respective count is 2.
Your task is to write a python script that will read through the file input.txt and generate the information regarding how many freelancers are good at the skills that may appear in the Top Skills section. Note, that we are ONLY interested in reporting those skills that AT LEAST 1 freelancer is good at. In our previous example, AJAX is only mentioned in the Top Skills of appstudiozsl, but that user is NOT good at it. So that skill will NOT appear in the reported result list.
The output should be in the form that is shown above, i.e. skill_name:count
Example
Website Design:1
Volusion:2
etc.
The resulting information must be written to a file called top_skill_counts.txt
The order in which the information is written to the file is unimportant
Category: Homework
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

What language do you need this done in? Please attach input.txt. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello,use python,here is input.txt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you finish it within 1 hour?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

I will get started on it right now. 1 hour is tight.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Have you used classes in Python?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i used
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

okay, I do have a basis from a personal tool I built to search job postings files for terms used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i use spyer 2.7, it different with you?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

input.txt is wrong. It has no skills or scores. I need a sample input file. Please find the correct input.txt

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

It's python, I just use notepad++ and run in command prompt, so it shouldn't matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don`t have input.txt, the question need write the input.txt by myself, so the input file is username line by line, i can write another one, hold on
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please try again
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Both files had no skills or scores. Working python code would return nothing on both input.txt you provided. All you have are usernames.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you give me the code?i wanna check it
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

I cannot test code without a valid input file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i check the code?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

I will not give my code to someone until I know it works. But if you read your problem description it specifically states that skills are counted if the score is greater than 150. Since the input files you provided have neither skills nor scores the output should be blank. I do not need a run code to see that.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

I haven't run any code. I do not need to. I need a good sample input file.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://www.freelancer.com/freelancers/
you can look it, the input file is username,per username line by line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question is almost due...can you give me the code?
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

From your question: For example for the freelancer "thetechie13", his "Top Skills" are: Website Design:321 HTML:251 Volusion:222 PHP:175 eCommerce:174 Graphic Design:115 etc.

Where is eCommerce:174?

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't run correctly, because I am working on building an input.txt and the code and testing it. Give me a few minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can check the website, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you give me the code within 10 mins? i am so hurry
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Your project description does not match provided input, and the website has no files to download at all. I am providing you the file that I have working output for. JustAnswer will not let me attach python files, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/25ar4nbwxmlb4gm/SkillCount.py

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the website you are giving me does not match your question description. I have been to the website, but it's a search field for finding freelancers, no text files and no scores. I answered the question asked. I cannot do anything with the website provided because that does not match your question.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Here is a sample input.txt and output.txt I used that matches your question and works.

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.

Have you downloaded the file?

Expert:  Zabo04 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.