1.________is the study of prison management and treatment of offenders.
B. Sentencing theory.
D. Reformation theory.
2. In which of the following cases did the supreme court rule that images are entitled an adequate law library or adequate legs assistance?
A. Wolff V. Mcdonnell.
B. Bounds v. Smith
C. Cooper V. Bate
D. Johnson V. Avery.
3. Which of the following institutions is commonly regarded as the first state prison in the United States?
A.Charlestown state prison in Massachusetts.
B.Walnut street jail in Philadelphia.
C. Auburn penitentiary in New York.
D. Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia
4. At year-end 2011, in________adults in the United States was under community Supervision
5. What is the Martial Status Of The Majority Of State Prison Inmate?
B. Legally Separated
D. Never Married.
6. Inmates who are vulnerable to assault by other inmates may designed for
A. Protective Custody.
B. Administrative Segregation
C. New-Generation Jails.
D. Congregate living area
7. One kind of community correctional facility is a
A. Work Camp.
C. Halfway House.
D. Minimum- Security Prison.
8. The_______ makes the decision about which institution in jurisdiction offender will begin his or her term of incarceration
A. regional office of the BOP.
B. community corrections and detention division.
C. BOP central office In Washington D.C.
D. Classification facility.
9. At The beginning Of 2012, Which of the following states held the largest number of prison inmates in privately opted facilities?
B. New York
10. What percentage of State Prison inmates report having some kind of mental problem?
11. According to data provided by the U.S. Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics, in 2011, approximately what percentage of the more then 2.2 millii adults discharged from probation whose out come was know had successfully meet the conditions of their supervision?
12. According to a comprehensive review of research that evaluated the effects of correctional interventions on recidivism rates, which of the following types of correctional Interventions was most successful in reducing recidivism rates?
A. milieu therapies.
B. Cognitive- behavioral treatments.
C. Work-Study Programs
D. Punishment- Oriented interventions.
13. which of the following cases launched the prisoner's rights movement.
A. Cooper V. Pate
B. Wolff V. Mcdonnell
C. Bounds V Smith
D. Johnson V. Avery.
14. Which of the following has not generally been found in research on parole release?
A. The Chances of failure are generally highest. during the early stages of parole.
B. State inmates released through mandatory parole almost always have a higher success rate than inmates released by parole board.
C. Inmates related from prison on parole for the first time are more likely to succeed than rereleases.
D. No more than about half of the inmates released on parole successfully complete their term of supervision.
15. Which of the following issue mist virtually all halfway house confront?
A. Lack suitable candidates
B. Unwillingness of inmates to participate.
C. Higher expenses then prisons.
D. Community opposition.
16. _____ is a court order require that a confined person to be brought to court so that his or her claim can be heard.
A. voir dire
C Habeas Corpus.
D. Subpoena duces tecum
17. Which of the following statements is not the true about inmate-on-inmate sexual victimization rates in persons and jails, according to the second national inmate Survey of sexual victimization.
A. Sexual victimization rates were significantly higher among white or multi- racial inmate than black inmates.
B. Sexual Victimization rates were significantly higher among inmates with a sexual orientation other than heterosexual.
C. Sexual Victimization rates were significantly higher among inmates who had not completed high school than inmates with a college degree more.
D. Sexual victimization rates were significantly higher among inmates who had been sexually victimized prior to incarceration than inmates who had not.
18. What method is used to prevent inmates from harming others?
A. Administrative Segregation
B. Protective Custody.
C. Commissary Privileges
D. Conjugal Visits
19. The process of re building former ties to the community and establishing new tries after release from prison is know as
20. In what case did the U.S. Supreme Court rule that prisoners could challenge the conditions of imprisonment under section 1983 of the Federal Civil Rights Act?
A. Johnson V. Avery.
B. O'lone V. Estate of Shabazz
C. Procunier V. Martinez
D. Cooper V. Pate.
There is my practice test. I hope you can help me.. thank you!!!