Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

You are to write a C program that simulates the sleeping

Customer Question

You are to write a C program that simulates the sleeping barber problem. The problem should take three (3) command line arguments representing the number of waiting room chairs (N), the number of customers that will come to the barber shop (C), and the integer probability (P) that a customer arrives at any particular time during the simulation (0 < P <= 100). The original process thread should be used to perform the barber's actions while a second thread should be used to generate customers at random arrival times. The original (barber) process thread should exit (and kill any remaining child processes) when the customer generation thread is complete, there is noone in the waiting room, and the barber isn't currently cutting anyone's hair. Your program should report:
the number of customers who got their hair cut (note that this could be less than the number of customers generated);
the average wait time for customers (excludes customers that didn't get hair cuts);
the maximum tim
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Hi
could you please post, attach or upload all relevant details and any related file(s)?
Use wikisend.com, or a file sharing site of your choice.

When is this due? Are we running on linux/ubuntu?

Thanks,
Ingo U

PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up).
You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link.
Copy either the File ID or the Download Link.
Then come back here and paste it in your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://wikisend.com/download/669122/untitled folder 3.zip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is due Sunday Sep 27,2015
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I will do my best. Any particular time (what time zone?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eastern time zone, 11pm sunday
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question further, I regret that I won't be able to assist you in the time frame available.

I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.

Regards,
Ingo U

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I see nobody else was available to take on your question. Perhaps I could take another look, would you still be interested in going forward despite the missed deadline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be charged again, if not I have a different assignment but it's a little different http://wikisend.com/download/375626/assignment 2.html
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

No you haven't actually been charged for this question yet since there was no answer provided to you and you had nothing to rate - which is when your deposit actually gets used.

So if you like I can look at the "replacement" question tomorrow and we can keep it in this same thread here. The difference really only seems to be to use a separate process instead of thread, is that correct? Did you end up writing the previous version yourself (or have it from some other source) so I could modify it to use a process instead of thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like for you to take a look at the replacement question. I didn't do the previous version.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am just checking in,any luck.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I've had a bit of a rough week... but tomorrow looks like a rainy day so I haven't given up yet.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.