Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

I have a programming assignment that I am having a lot of

Customer Question

I have a programming assignment that I am having a lot of trouble with. It is an online intro to programming course and the professor is well not very available for questions. The programming assignment is Create a new class called Cat that includes the functionality below
The new class has the attributes of:
name – type String
age – type integer
weight – type double
breed - type String
declawed - type boolean - true for has no claws, false for has claws
Be sure your classes have a reasonable complement of constructor, accessor and mutator methods. Every member variable must have at least one independent accessor and one independent mutator.
Example:
public void setName(String name) mutator used to set name
public void setBreed(String breed) mutator used to set the breed
public void set(Boolean declawed) used to set claws or not
(You must overload the set method to set deClawed value)
public String getName() accessor used to get name
public String getBreed() accessor used to get breed
public boolean getBoolean() access used to get the value of declawed
Ensure you use the “this” reference from within this class when referring to every instance variable or instance method of the current object.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can help with this. What programming language?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Java I have been using Net Beans as an IDE as this is what the professor suggested in the beginning of the semster
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the version I have been using is 8.0.2
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds like you just need to turn in the .java file for this. I can work on it this weekend. When did you need it?

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Just want to make sure that you just need the .java file and nothing else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need the .java files. She did say she wants 2 seperate files one titled Cat.java and one driver program called JewellNicoleUnit6Prog.java. It is due Sunday the 27th by Midnight. I have written it two ways but each is throwing errors. Also Im not sure about how to use the two files to compile and run the program. I apologize I am a total noob and in over my head this will be the last online computer course I do it has been a nightmare and I dont even feel like I have a clear understanding at least in practical terms. I hate netbeans it hoses up all the time but I dont remember how to run from the command window. Long story short it has been a mess and I am in desperate need of help lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did my last response come through?
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Got it. When did you need it?

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

I see the note. Will have it by Sunday.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This Sunday the 27th by midnight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Ok, all set. I created both files inside a complete NetBeans package. I added some code to the Main class to provide output and illustrate that the code is working. It compiles and runs with no errors. The actual Cat.java and JewelNicoleUnit6Prog.java are in the src folder inside the zipped package.

You can download the answer here: http://ge.tt/7WrmgXO2/v/0?c

Let me know if you need anything else. If satisfied with the answer please don't forget to rate it.

Thanks

Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the only thing I am unsure of is if the driver program reads in 3 pets of type cat and prints out the name and age of all cats with claws who are over 3 years old? Also Im not sure how to get the two files to run together in NetBeans?? Sorry I know as I said she didnt really give us any basic foundational lessons on using the IDE so its kind of been trial and error. I have figured it out for previous assignments but Im not sure on this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also on the NicoleJewell code does it have a scanner class for user entry. I apologize maybe I didnt send enough info or wasnt clear it should run so that it prompts a user to enter 3 cats names and then to output any cats that are over 3 that are not declawed.
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

You didn't mention the need for the scanner class or reading the three types of cats. That will take quite a bit more time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my apologies I went back and saw where only part of my assignment text copied. If its not possible to make the deadline I understand.
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

I can have it done tonight but may need to ask for a little more money to cover it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completely understandable. Thank you. Can you give me an idea of the extra cost just so I can plan for that cost?
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Probably $25. I'll let you know if it will be more but that should cover it based on what you have. Read in the three cats using the scanner class and the output.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Actually $20 more is ok I'm almost done with the changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok great
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

All set. It now prompts the user to enter 3 different cats and their associated attributes. At the end it outputs all those cats that meet the criteria of being over 3 and declawed.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

http://ge.tt/2RlYFZO2/v/0?c

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

To open it just open NetBeans, go to File Open Project and point it to the directory you downloaded. It will be called JewelNicoleUnit6Prog. Just click on it to open and run.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Did that work for you ?

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.