Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

You will leverage the POM-QM software in order to resolve

Customer Question

You will leverage the POM-QM for Windows software in order to resolve your real-world scenarios. You will focus on solving linear programming and project management problems. To complete this Assignment: Compile your responses to the questions in one MS
Word file and then submit it. POM-QM for Windows software is required. Note: Do not program the non-negativity constraint, as this is already assumed by the software. Individual Project, part 1 A firm uses three machines in the manufacturing of three products:
• Each unit of product 1 requires three hours on machine 1, two hours on machine 2 and one hour on machine 3. • Each unit of product 2 requires four hours on machine 1, one hour on machine 2 and three hours on machine 3. • Each unit of product 3 requires two
hours on machine 1, two hours on machine 2 and two hours on machine 3. The contribution margin of the three products is £30, £40 and £35 per unit, respectively. The following are available for scheduling: • 90 hours of machine 1 time • 54 hours of machine
2 time • 93 hours of machine 3 time The linear programming formulation of this problem is as follows: Maximise Z = 30X1 + 40X2 + 35X3 3X1 + 4X2 + 2X3 <= 90 2X1 + 1X2 + 2X3 <=54 X1 + 3X2 + 2X3 <=93 With X1, X2, X3 >= 0 To answer this question: Answer each question
and explain your reasoning or show your calculations. 1. What is the optimal production schedule for this firm? What is the profit contribution of each of these products? 2. What is the marginal value of an additional hour of time on machine 1? Over what range
of time is this marginal value valid? 3. What is the opportunity cost associated with product 1? What interpretation should be given to this opportunity cost? 4. How many hours are used for machine 3 with the optimal solution? 5. How much can the contribution
margin for product 2 change before the current optimal solution is no longer optimal? Individual Project, part 2 For this part of this project, you will need to use the POM software: 1. Program the project management problem below and solve it with the use
of POM. Select Project Management(PERT/CPM) module, and then select the option File->New->Mean, Std dev given items. Activity Mean duration Std. dev. (days) A 11 0.9 B 13 1.1 C 7 0.2 D 9 0.8 E 6 1 F 7 1.2 G 10 0.7 H 9 0.6 I 8 0.8 Table 1: Activity, duration
and standard deviation To answer this question: Answer each question and explain your reasoning or show your calculations. 1. Calculate the project completion time. 2. Indicate the critical path activities. 3. What is the probability of completing this project
between 38 and 40 days? 4. What are the slack values for activities C and F? Interpret the meaning of their slack values.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see that the question is not copied and pasted properly and you might have a problem reading it. I am attaching the question below so that it can be read easily. I need the answer by tomorrow evening. 21/09/2015
Best Regards,
Azhar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a gentle reminder about the question. I was wondering if someone is working on it and how much will it cost me?
Best Regards,
Azhar.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need it now so i can submit it by today evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had sent the question on the 20th of september but got no response from the experts. Was the website down? This usually never happens. I always get a response within a few hours.