LoriHR
LoriHR, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  Teacher, Editor, Tutor, MAEd, Writer, Research Pro
24745391

I am doing a civil rights study. This has been an ongoing

Customer Question

I am doing a civil rights study. This has been an ongoing project as my studies include imaginative rights versus logical discrimination. Here is my question.... Ted lives in a high crime area. People are always beating up on each other and aggravated
assault is common place. People will use anything as a weapon to beat and scratch people up. Now Ted on the other hand is quite peaceful. He is a fan of science fiction and he carries a hand held air nossel in his pocket that he percieves as being his laser
pistol. The air nossel is about 3 inches long and has a little squeeze trigger. He never points it at anyone, and would never even think of using it to hit someone. He just keeps it in his pocket and pretends. Ted also has a broken bicycle computer. Its about
11/2 in by 11/2 in. He carries that as his enviormental testers. One day a cop does a check and sees his stuff. My questions are, would Ted be getting in trouble for carrying what could otherwise be used as hand weapons to hit and scratch people even though
he has absolutely no intent? Would his own intentions be sufficient to avoid prosecutuion? Ive wondered about this a few times. Ive known adult kids.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there. I believe I can help you with this. I have a text on criminal law that addresses questions such as these--regrettably I left it at home this morning. ;) I will return to this question this afternoon when I have access to the book so I can answer correctly for you.

Expert:  LoriHR replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.