asciandwildlifebio
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills
9201161

I would like questions answer from 1 to 6 in a descriptive

Customer Question

I would like questions answer from 1 to 6 in a descriptive statistics assignment
Category: Homework
Expert:  asciandwildlifebio replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Please post the assignment and I will see if I can be of assistance :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The assignment is an application activity on page 74 in the book understanding research in second language learning (brown, 1998): A teacher's guide to statistics and research design. You are answering questions 1 to 6 using the descriptive statistics for fall 1977 sample chart to answer the questions. Answers have to be completed in complete sentences when explaining answers.

I do not have this book. You will need to upload files with these pages so I can view the questions and accompanying information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to upload the assignment but could not. I am going to have to type the information to you on page 74. There is a line placed above X (mean).descriptive statistics for fall 1977 sampleGroup Measure X SD
Placed Students (n=133) Course Grade 2.99 .62
Final examination 67.83 9.89
Cloze test 22.97 4.56Continuing Students (n=31) Course grade 2.04 1.04
Final examination 55.31 9.66
Cloze test 15.87 4.571. Which group is larger?
2. Which group typically had higher grades?
3. Which measure of probably had more possible points on it? What additional piece of information helped to answer this question ?
4. Which group performed better on the close tests?. How do you know that?
5. Which group performed more heterogeneously on the final exam? How do you know that?
6. What additional information would you have liked to see in this table to help you interpret the group's behavior?

Hi there, thanks for information. I can definitely help you with this. When do you need your answer by?

1. The larger group is Students. There are 133 samples in this group, where as the continuing students has only 31.

2. The students group typically had higher grades. For each exam type, the average grade was higher for the students group.

3. The final exam most likely had the most amount of points on it because there was a larger standard deviation.

4. The students group scored higher on the Cloze test, and both groups had similar standard deviations.

5. The students group performed more heterogeneously because their standard deviation was greater than the continuing students group.

6. I would have liked to see the median and range of scores for each test. This would have provided a better picture about how students and continuing students were doing in general.

Please rate my answer so I receive credit for my work and a bonus is always appreciated!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By this evening. It is due today.

Please see my answer above :) Please rate my answer so I receive credit for my work. Let me know if you need further assistance :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For question 1 you did not specify which group is larger Placed students or continuing students?

1. The larger group is PlacedStudents. There are 133 samples in this group, where as the continuing students has only 31.

2. The Placed students group typically had higher grades. For each exam type, the average grade was higher for the students group.

4. The Placed students group scored higher on the Cloze test, and both groups had similar standard deviations.

5. The Placed students group performed more heterogeneously because their standard deviation was greater than the continuing students group.

6. I would have liked to see the median and range of scores for each test. This would have provided a better picture about how Placed students and continuing students were doing in general.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a graduate course assignment. Is it possible to expand the answers (for example) given including how you came up with your conclusions based on the information provided.

I could, but these are truly basic questions and do not require further detail, even for a graduate course. In fact as a professor, I would prefer clear and concise answers than longer and redundant answers. If you still want me to expand the answers, just let me know :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For question 3, the question had two parts. You definitely answer the first part of the question, but it also asked what additional information helped to answer this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I understand. You can disregard my last entry

Okay! So, do you have any further questions or are you all set? :)

Hello. I have not heard from you and wanted to check in. Was the answer I gave you helpful? Did it meet your needs?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.