akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

Pipeline construction problem. If water arrives at the base

Customer Question

pipeline construction problem.
If water arrives at the base of a 500 foot tall underground column 100 feet wide under 1000 psi of continuous pressure-- and then pushes up the column -- which incrementally but evenly shrinks in size to 50 feet in diameter-- what is the pressure of the water at the top of the picolumn.
If water arrives continuously at he top of a 220 foot wide cylindrical cone of water that is 500 foot tall--and the cone of water shrinks down to 110 feet in diameter at the base -- what is the psi of the water at the base of the cylindrical cone.
If water arrives at 1000 psi at one end of a 110 feet diameter 1/4 mile long pipe that slopes downward 10 degrees and slims down incrementally but evenly to arrive at the other end with a diameter of 100 ft -- what is the psi of the water at the other end of the pipe
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer. Is there anyone home?
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any reference material for these problems? figures?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a math question. do you mean a place where someone could go to research the answer?
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.

Reference material means some related text. This question is based on hydraulics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solution to the problem involves a bernuli equation inside a venturi tube. I went to fiverr and got the math from a physicist on how the equation works. The physicist wrote down the math to solve the equation. You can view it with a windows media player. Once you have the numbers --then you need to be able to translate it into a form a non mathematician can understand. The end product that I want is something that will show the output of the three parts of the question and then combine the three into one continuous flow of water in pipe so that I can understand what the output is in terms of psi and or speed of water in the pipe.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.