Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Part I Write a short program of five to ten lines in

Customer Question

Part I Write a short program of five to ten lines in MARIE assembly language to accomplish something. Note: In our version of Null and Lobur, labels are assigned differently than in later versions and by the community as a whole. That is the label “Addr”
on line 112 (in Listing 4.1) is written as “Addr, 112 Hex”. In later versions and in most textbooks, it would be written “112 Addr, Hex” with the label written after then line number. Part II Suppose you wanted to implement a control unit for a computer that
you are designing. Would you use a hardwired implementation or a micro-programmed control unit? Why? What factors in the computer design would affect your decision? Part III Consider a computer that you have used or now use. (You may make an assumption on
word size if needed.) How large is the memory of the computer? How long is a word in the computer above? How many bits are required to address the bytes in that memory? How many data lines are required to read data from the computer memory?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be fine. It's just a discussion piece that receives points for submission. Is it possible to have it by tonight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's an example of someone else submission:I. This simple program asks the user to input two numbers, then adds them together and outputs the resultAddress Instruct. Comment100 Input /accepts input for first value to add, placing it in the AC
101 Store Add1 /stores value to add at address 106
102 Input /accepts input for second value to add
103 Add Add1 /adds together the values of the stored input and the new input into the AC
104 Output /displays output of the addition in the AC to the user
105 Halt /stops program
106 Add1, Dec 0 /location to store the value of the first inputII. After looking over both options, I think I'd rather use a microprogrammed control unit. I would like the extra flexibility in designing my computer, so that I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of changing so many physical parts if was lacking something physically. I believe I'd be likely to take advantage of such flexibility since I have a tendency to brainstorm ideas in the middle of other processes (Such as, say, after designing the hardware), and using a microprogrammed conotrol unit would allow me to take advantage of such ideas and improve upon my design much more easily than a hardwired one. I don't mind the trade off in program execution speed because I have the patience to wait while I run tests with my code or run computers in general- plus I've been studying computer algorithms this semester, so I can more easily understand how to shorten program run time to offset that slow down.III. My computer has a RAM of 6144 MB, and I believe words in it are 64 bits long. Thus, it requires 64 data lines to read its memory, and it needs 30 bits to address its bytes.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What!!????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really needed this done tonight (11:59pm)