LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

Calculate the total price based on several key parts

Customer Question

Calculate the total price based on several key parts required to build a state-of-the-art gaming computer. The user will have the option of selecting different parts. For example, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS/X for Operating systems, 4 GB, 8 GB or 12 GB for RAM and 15”,17” or 22” Monitors.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

Welcome

What is the deadline?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12:00 est 9/2/2015. Tonight.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

Please provide full question text

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calculate the total price based on several key parts required to build a state-of-the-art gaming computer. The user will have the option of selecting different parts. For example, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS/X for Operating systems, 4 GB, 8 GB or 12 GB for RAM and 15”,17” or 22” Monitors...
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

please wait

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

Download answer from here: http://www.wikisend.com/download/917130/

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

Useful resources:

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/do-i-have-rate-answer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer supplied is a little complex and offers more than what I have already learned in class and what is expected. Is there a simpler answer? Here's the entire problem:
In this homework, you will design a program to perform the following task:Calculate the total price based on several key parts required to build a state-of-the-art gaming computer. The user will have the option of selecting different parts. For example, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS/X for Operating systems, 4 GB, 8 GB or 12 GB for RAM and 15”,17” or 22” Monitors.There are 5 components of your submission including:Program Description- A detailed, clear description of the program you are building.
Analysis- Demonstrates your thought process and steps used to analyze the problem. Be sure to include the required input and output and how you will obtain the required output from the given input? Also, include your variable names and definitions. Be sure to describe the necessary formulas and sample calculations that might be needed. You should talk about how you determined your computer part prices.
Test plan - Prepare at least 3 sets of input data (Test data) along with their expected output for testing your program. Your test data can be presented in the form of a table as follows (note: feel free to adapt to your design)
Flowchart – Provide a flowchart for your design. You can use Word, Powerpoint, Visio or any software you have available that will allow to draw shapes and connectors.
Pseudocode- Provide pseudocode of your overall design that fulfills the requirements of the project
All of these components should be placed in word document for submission.Please refer to the discussion post on "Week 3 - Homework 2" in "Ask the Professor" discussion lounge for additional information on this homework assignment.Additional details about the program you need to write:You should research current prices of the computer parts on Internet sites such as amazon.com or newegg.com.
You can assume a computer will consist of the following components:
CPU
Case
Power supply
Motherboard
Hard Drive
RAM
DVD
Sound Card
Monitor
Graphics Card
Operating SystemI would recommend you keep the option choices limited to 3 different components, or your program will really grow fast. For example, you could provide options for the Operating System (Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS/X), the RAM (4 MB, 8 MB, 12 MB) and the Hard Drive Size (500 GB, 1 TB, 1.5 TB) and leave everything else as a baseline. These are just examples. I leave it up to you to determine which components you want the user to select options. Be sure your prices are realistic.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

It is complete as per the requirements.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a sample of what some of the work should look like:
From the homework problem, you need to calculate the total price of the computer based on the inputs provided by user in the choice of three computer components. As stated in the problem, give the user option to select 3 different components and keep a fixed price for the rest of the components. You should do the research about the computer components and select the price of computer components appropriately, based on your research.Say for example, you can give the user option to select OS, RAM and Hard Drive capacity. For RAM, you can give the following choices: 4 GB, 8 GB, 12 GB and give the user to select based on characters (say A, B, C); You can select the RAM component based on integers also (say 1, 2, 3). In the code below, I am selecting the components based on character values A, B, C.// partial code for user to select the RAM component based on three choices: 4 GB, 8 GB, 12 GB// assume there is a variable, Price, of type double// Note: I did not declare variables (Price, choice) but you need to declare variables before using them in code.// Ex: Declare Price As doubleInput choice // choice is a variable of type characterIf(choice == ‘A’) { // choice A = 4GB RAMSet Price = 400.00 // give the price of 4GB RAM. (400 is just an example to illustrate.)}Else If(choice == ‘B’) { // choice B = 8GB RAMSet Price = 500.00 // give the price of 8GB RAM (500 is just an example).}Else If(choice == ‘C’) { // choice C = 12GB RAMSet Price = 600.00 // give the price of 12GB RAM (600 is just an example).}
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

I will check it and reply you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

welcome

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

check back in few hours

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about it. I found my answer elsewhere. Thank you.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.