F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

Have a customer question

Customer Question

have a customer question
Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please post the qeustion so I can review it to help you, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a customer that we performed an automotive engine conversion for back in 2011. This conversion included rebuilding an engine he provided. Everything was great and he picked the vehicle up happy as a clam. Fast forward a few years and three days ago, he emails us saying that ever since he picked the vehicle up, he's had "all of these issues" to the tune of $11,000 for the engine and $2800 for the transmission. He claims he had to take it to another shop where they removed the engine and disassembled it only to reassemble and the engine no longer ran properly. When we investigated further, the issues he's accusing us of we can actually prove are false. Claims like "we put the pistons in backwards" and we have pictures of the assembly process where you can clearly see that this is not the case. Anyhow, he's saying that if we dont give him some money he's going to post up a negative review of my company online. Throughout all of this, I have asked him why he took it to another shop instead of allowing us the opportunity to repair any reported issues first. But he just skirts the issue saying "I gave him the impression that we were too busy to mess with it". Where do we stand legally on this?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.