F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

1. CHAPTER SEVEN: Epocrates is a free smartphone app that

Customer Question

1. CHAPTER SEVEN: Epocrates is a free smartphone app that finds information about drug
dosing, drug interactions, and insurance. It is used by almost half of the doctors in the United
States, and by a million pharmacists, nurses, and medical students. The catch: Users must click
through pharmaceutical company ads before they can access the information they are searching.
a. Is this situation any different from the way in which ordinary internet users are bombarded by ads reflecting their previous browsing history?
b. Who are the stakeholders?
c. What ethical issues arise?
2. UNIT EIGHT: If you started a business, under what circumstances would you be willing to surrender a substantial percentage of the business’s ownership to obtain venture capital financing? Explain.
3: CHAPTER EIGHT: Biotechs medicines (proteins made by modifying the DNA of bacteria, yeast or mammal cells and infused into sick patients) are the fastest growing category of health spending. Sales reached $83 billion in 2012, with hundreds of biotech products being synthesized to treat cancer, AIDS, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many other diseases. The manufacture of biotechnologies is more complex and costly than conventional medicine, and the cost to patients can run as high as $25,000 – $50,000 a year. Some members of Congress have introduced legislation that would give consumers access to lower-cost copies; one would authorize the FDA to approve safe, lower-cost versions of biotechnology drugs without the full range of tests normally required for new products.
a. Who are the stakeholders that will be affected by such legislation?
b. What arguments can you make for or against it?
4. CHAPTER THREE: After the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in 2013, one newspaper mapped the names and addresses of more than 33,000 handgun permit holders in nearby counties. Although the information was gathered from public sources, its publication upset many people. Using the ethical theories outlined in Chapter One, consider the ethics of posting the following on a newspaper website:
a. The personal details of all employees at local abortion clinics.
b. The arrest records for drunk drivers.
c. The names and addresses of food stamp recipients in your community.
d. The donors to groups that promote Gay and Lesbian rights.
Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please mention your deadline as well as length of your answers, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dead line is now. The answers length just have be a few sentences to clearly explain the answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a few sentences per question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a few sentences per question or sub category.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like the answer ASAP I just need a few sentences for each question and sub-category.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been working on this for over 3 hours now. I don't need a lot of text just the legal explanation. Quickly.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
hello
i will try my best to provide you the answer asap. I am sending you an offer to adjust the current price to the fair price to reflect the amount of time and efforts required with this one .Kindly accept the offer so i can start working on it .As soon as you accept the offer i will start working on it and will provide you the solution .
Have a nice day :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I'm not open to this any increase. This is basic law. Are you looking for $8 per sentence. Any lawyer should be happy to take care of these basic questions. If you are not a lawyer forward the question to a on staff lawyer. Other wise we are going to need to issue a refund because I am coming close to not being satisfied!!!
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
hello
i am opting out so any other expert can help you out.
Have a nice day :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have still not received an answer. Your performance did not meet meet my expectation. I will be rating you with a single star.William