Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

ATLPROG, I would like your help in writing scripts based on

Customer Question

For Expert ATLPROG,
I would like your help in writing scripts based on c++. The scripts are placed into another workflow tool I use called GMC Inspire (gmc.net). I understand you will not have GMC Inspire to work with but I think I could take the scripts you would write for me and I can place them into the tool and get them to work. I do have some documentation I could share with you if you're interested. My first task would be to manipulate an input text data file with multiple records for one individual person and merge them all so that all the common fields with the same data and all the variable fields with different data end up in a single record. We can talk more in detail if you think you may be interested. Thank you!
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the professionals here at Justanswer.

I see that you have requested a specific professional. If you start to reach a deadline, let us know so we can see if someone else can assist.

However, I fully understand if you wish to continue to wait for your chosen professional.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
could you elaborate please? Do you have any samples of how C++ is integrated as "scripts" in this GMC environment? For example, would this be using regular C++ file I/O, or does the data come from the GMC environment? Similarly, how does the C++ side communicate with the GMC host environment?
Perhaps I can help?
Thx, Ingo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ingo_U, Thank you for your offer of help. Below is a download like for the user manual for GMC. The scripting section is in chapter 15. I was given some advice on the GMC user forums that section "15.3.7 Reflection at Runtime" would be my best bet to accomplish this. If we can get this to work I will offer a fair bonus. Thank you!

http://wikisend.com/download/377642/Archive.zip

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Wow that looks very similar to what we did in SQL over a year ago, doesn't it?

For your first task, I could try to write you a stand-alone C++ program that transforms your example input file to the example output file. Assuming the input file only contains records for one single individual.

I don't think I an be of much help integrating such code into the GMC environment since I have nothing to test/experiment with.

Would that be of interest to you as an answer to this question?

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't mean to post the previous as my actual answer - I haven't done anything yet :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's exactly the same as the SQL. I would be interested in a VB .NET standalone project. I have another tool I could then use to transform the data using the VB code. I'll just transform the data with VB first and then finish off the remaining workflow in GMC. The input file will have any number of different individuals with up to 6 different prescriptions, up to 6 different records for each individual person.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Splendid - VB.NET should be no problem. Perhaps quicker than C++ ... certainly closer to the current state of the art.

I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ingo_U,

The link below contains real input and output files. There are clearer instructions as well. The link expires after 1 day. The link password ***** *****

http://wikisend.com/download/940986/To IngoU.zip

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Ok, got it. Thanks for the add'l info and full data, that helps. It will require a bit more thought of course, are you on tight time constraints?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No time constraints.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rodney,
I'm sorry,
After reviewing the question, I do not have the necessary resources to complete the task at this time. I have family obligations throughout the next week and don't want to leave you hanging that long. If nobody else has solved it or you the following week and you're still interested, perhaps we'll get back to it.
I am opting out and opening the question up to other professionals here who may be able to help.
Regards,
Ingo U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no problem. Could you cancel this question rather than re-open it?
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.