Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Can you send me the solution to this problem?

Customer Question

hi can you send me the solution to this problem?
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help solving this problem:
Chapter Review
4-8j
Comprehensive Problem 1
Continuing Problem
Kelly Pitney began her consulting business, Kelly Consulting, on April 1, 2014. The accounting cycle for Kelly Consulting for April, including financial statements, was illustrated. During May, Kelly Consulting entered into the following transactions:Comprehensive Problem 1
InstructionsThe chart of accounts for Kelly Consulting is shown, and the post-closing trial balance as of April 30, 2014, is shown. For each account in the post-closing trial balance, enter the balance in the appropriate Balance column of a four-column account. Date the balances May 1, 2014, and place a check mark (✓) in the Posting Reference column. Journalize each of the May transactions in a two-column journal starting of the journal and using Kelly Consulting’s chart of accounts. (Do not insert the account numbers in the journal at this time.)
Post the journal to a ledger of four-column accounts.
Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
At the end of May, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to complete parts (5) and (6).Insurance expired during May is .
Supplies on hand on May 31 are .
Depreciation of office equipment for May is .
Accrued receptionist salary on May 31 is .
Rent expired during May is .
Unearned fees on May 31 are .
(Optional.) Enter the unadjusted trial balance on an end-of-period spreadsheet (work sheet) and complete the spreadsheet.
Journalize and post the adjusting entries. Record the adjusting entries of the journal.
Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
Prepare an income statement, a statement of owner’s equity, and a balance sheet.Answer
Check Figure: Net income,Prepare and post the closing entries. Record the closing entries of the journal. (Income Summary is account in the chart of accounts.) Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry.
Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The chart of accounts for Kelly Consulting is shown, and the post-closing trial balance as of April 30, 2014, is shown. For each account in the post-closing trial balance, enter the balance in the appropriate Balance column of a four-column account. Date the balances May 1, 2014, and place a check mark (✓) in the Posting Reference column. Journalize each of the May transactions in a two-column journal starting of the journal and using Kelly Consulting’s chart of accounts. (Do not insert the account numbers in the journal at this time.)
Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
At the end of May, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to complete parts (5) and (6).Insurance expired during May is 275
Supplies on hand on May 31 are 715
Depreciation of office equipment for May is 330
Accrued receptionist salary on May 31 is 325
Rent expired during May is 1600
Unearned fees on May 31 are 3210
Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
Check Figure: Net income, 33425Prepare and post the closing entries. Record the closing entries of the journal. (Income Summary is account in the chart of accounts.) Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry.
Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Welcome to the site. I can help you with these question.

If you prefer to receive solution via email, please accept the small additional offer I am sending you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me to answer this question
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

I will complete and send the solution tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually can i ask you something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way to cancel? I think i figured out the solution on my own.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
You can contact customer service.
I will also send in the request. If you need assistance in future you can request me by writing "FOR LINDA" at start of your post.