Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Regarding the elements of persuasion, which... Resolved •

Customer Question

Regarding the elements of persuasion, which... Resolved • Response time -11 minutes 5 Apr 2015 Regarding the elements of persuasion, which statement is false? A. Provide facts. B. Acknowledge opposing views. C. Provide examples that support your thesis
rather than citing authorities. D. Offer examples and details that support your point of view. Jason argues that oversimplification is a problem when writing a cause-and-effect paragraph. Sally maintains that confusing cause and effect can be a serious problem
in writing this kind of paragraph. Who is correct? A. Jason is correct. B. Sally is correct. C. Both Jason and Sally are incorrect. D. Both Jason and Sally are correct. When the intended audience of your paragraph is non-specialists, you can make technical
language more accessible and readable if you use a _______ style. A. logical B. conversational C. formal D. informative In your persuasive paragraph, you make a prediction based on the facts, examples, and authorities you’ve cited. When you do this, you’re
pointing out the _______ of failure to adopt your point of view. A. absurdity B. silliness C. certainties D. consequences Which of the following sentences contains a proper noun that should be capitalized? A. We watched the red-tail hawk soaring overhead.
B. The final exam was due by november 10th. C. The trawler seemed lost in the vastness of the western sea. D. Mable was a licensed cosmetologist. Regarding number and person agreement, _______ pronouns, like “anybody,” “nobody,” “someone,” or “anyone,” are
singular. Therefore, any pronoun that refers to them must be singular. A. definite B. indicative C. indefinite D. possessive Cause-and-effect paragraphs and persuasion paragraphs are very similar to A. arguments. B. essays. C. transitions. D. pronouns. Carol
and Craig are talking about signal words followed by “of.” Carol says “of” signal phrases always precede a plural or collective noun. Craig says that that these kinds of signal words are usually followed by a plural or collective noun. Who is correct? A. Carol
is correct. B. Craig is correct. C. Both Carol and Craig are incorrect. D. Both Carol and Craig are partially correct Which is not abstract noun? A. Truth B. Sky C. Beauty D. Faith The transitional expression “for that reason” indicates a cause. Which transitional
expression indicates an effect? A. Thus B. Because C. On account of D. Yet another factor In general, _______ writing is intended to convey information and explain ideas. A. expository B. controversial C. interrogative D. purposeful The paragraph or essay
type most frequently called for in college, business, and daily life is A. persuasive. B. cause-and-effect. C. classification. D. comparison-contrast. _______ determiners, such as “my,” “your,” and “her,” are placed in front of a noun to tell us that something
belongs to the person(s) represented by the pronoun, which is why they serve as adjectives. A. Objective B. Possessive C. Suggestive D. Subjective To persuade through writing is to A. agree with. B. influence. C. argue against. D. question. All of the following
transitional expressions are used to show causes except A. for that reason. B. as a result. C. results from. D. because.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
I would like to help you with your assignment, but first, can you please tell me the name/title and number of the exam and what school it is from. Also, how many questions are there, altogether?
By when do you need it completed?
Thanks for all your additional information.
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 20 questions my exam is en120 English comprehension1 ashworth collage
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.
I'll have to check my resources and see if I can help.
What is your due date for this to be completed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 1/2 hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I say someone post the question for you on 5/21/15
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I'm so sorry; I'm getting ready to sign offline, so I won't be able to make your deadline. I'll opt out and your question will be available to all other experts.
Much good luck in your studies!
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome! I'm sorry I couldn't be of help.
Can you send me the link of the question you said I answered on 5/21/15, because I don't recall that.
Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Patricia replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am reading over your questions now.
Expert:  Patricia replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will opt out and have another expert assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patricia sorry i was not at the computer