F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

A word that means "no expense spared"

Customer Question

A word that means "no expense spared" but doesn't have negative connotations of being wasteful?
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It should also preferably have connotations of not compromising on quality, and should normally be used to describe objects more often than people (though the last requirement isn't as important)
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
What should be the length of answer and also mention your deadline, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd probably like perhaps five words to pick from, and the deadline would be before Monday morning
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
When you say no expense spared it means that spending is effective, the results have been achieved for which the expenses were incurred. For example, a company has hired a new president with high salary package with an aim to earn higher profit as compared to previous year, if the profit for the current year is higher than previous as expected, it means that the salary and benefits expenses incurred on new president has been utilized effectively and it has been not spared.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok to clarify - "no expense spared" means "to achieve a goal without holding back spending due to concerns of spending too much" - or how someone with unlimited amounts of money would spend it (as opposed to a company designed to use money as efficiently as possible)
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Whatever money is available and whatever is spending is done it is done to achieve a specific objective, and if that objective is achieved it means that whatever money has been spend is not wasted. If you do not have money to spend then there is no expense will be incurred and no question of wastage. However, in a company spending is done even there is no money, as the money may be borrowed or expenses may be incurred on credit basis, and once the objective is achieved the borrowed moeny is returned back, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you might be misinterpreting the reason I posted this question. I Simply want a more concise way of saying the above phrase to describe a product. Something like "extravagant" or "lavish" but without the negative connotations of seeming like a luxury, and I'd like it to be not used as commonly (but still understood)
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Effectiveness or Cost Effectiveness may be used to describe no expense spared.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I want words that mean "no expense spared" on getting the very best without having the connotation that it is wasteful
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Cost Effectiveness is a word with positive connotation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or what about this: what's a word that means "cost effective" besides "value" or connotations of being cheap?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.