Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Need help with this question and creating a network diagra

Customer Question

need help with this question and creating a network diagram
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need help with a network diagram
ScenarioYou have been hired by a new real estate company that would like to set up a Windows network in their office. (There is currently nothing in place.) They currently have ten real estate agents and an office manager in the office. They would like to have all of these employees set up on a network so that they can keep track of customers, sales, employee information, etc...Tasks
1.Using the questions and answers from Lab #1, develop a plan to complete this installation. This will require researching suppliers, costs, etc... Remember to use APA formatting to cite your sources. Your final product should include a detailed list of all materials and costs that will be needed to complete this job. You should include a bottom-line cost and a network diagram.
2.Survey the actual equipment that you will have to work with during this course. Develop a document that specifies all the hardware that you will be using and verify that it is sufficient to the tasks
I just need help with the diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
#11. how many working computers do you already have?
2. do you have a server already?
3. are you using any kind of database?
4. what are the operating systems on each computer currently
5. what brand and model of printers do you have?
6. do you have broadband or dialup internet access?
7. What type of software do you wish to run on your computers (ex. word processing, spreadsheet, financial)?
8. What type of future growth do you expect?
9. What type of security do you currently have in place (this includes computer and building security)
10. What is your slowest time( this would be the best time to schedule an installation)?#2My recommendations would be to have a minimum of the following11 workstation computers (approx $500 each) - this will allow for 1 spare computer incase one breaks
1 server mid range (approx $1500)
1 mid range network printer per floor of building (approx $500)
1 (UPS backup battery for server) (approx $250) - this will prevent data loss in event of power failure
1 (24 port network switch) (approx $200)
1 (router, w/ firewall) (approx $150)
1000 ft cat5 ethernet cable (approx $70)
1 box of 100 ethernet plugs (approx $20)
1 ethernet crimper tool (approx $40)
1 Windows Server 2008 License/installation CD (approx $300)
15 Windows Network CAL(Client Access License) 15 TSAL(Terminal Server Access Licenses) (approx $35 each through MSVL-Microsoft Volume Licensing)
Norton Utilities Client/Server + licenses (approx $600) - this one prevents viruses and spyware with automatic updates to client machines
1 day(8 Hours) Labor ($1200)
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
I see this might be time sensitive.
Do you still need this answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I just need a network diagram with 11 workstations and a printer it must include the routers and everything But the routers will be wireless
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.