Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I need to create a simple web service in .NET that provides

Customer Question

I need to create a simple web service in .NET that provides an algorithmically generated unique identifier. Include the date and time, and IP address in the identifier. Use an algorithm of your choice.
I already have my web application developed and can send you a zip file if you like.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
what language and version of VisualStudio do you use?
Could you please post, attach or upload all relevant details and any related file(s). Use wikisend.com, or a file sharing site of your choice.
Thanks,
Ingo U
PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VB, VS 2010
http://wikisend.com/download/744184/KudlerWebApp.zip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just needs to be a simple web service, no parameters are even required. Something like a GetID command that displays the IP address, date, and time on my login page.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Do you need the code in the VB section or JavaScript? where/how will this be used?
I see you currently have something like it... using
http://scripts.hashemian.com/js/visitorIPHOST.js.php ?
Are you looking to replace that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is just a JS function to display the IP address, but I need an actual web service to display a unique identifier that includes the IP address, date and time. The function you see does not meet the requirements of the assignment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is simply for an assignment, a local service can be used and no parameters are required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can just put a button on the login page that displays the ID when pushed, but it must call a web service to do so, if that makes sense.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
My apologies,
After reviewing my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete the task at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.
Regards,
Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying, Ingo U, but I already got the service from another site. My question was closed on this site so I asked somewhere else.Sorry for the inconvenience.