Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

C++ programming.Your employer has determined a market for

Customer Question

C++ programming.
Your employer has determined a market for a simple airline ticketing system for a very
simple airline (Tree Top Airways - TTA). The airline only has two aircraft, named
ALFA and BRAVO. Initially, the ticket system will determine the number of seats
on each plane and in the lounge. The ticketing system is to be installed at the airport
ticket booth for the airline and will operate under the following rules:
1) If a party arrives and there is enough room on the plane requested, they are allowed to
board and a message to that effect is printed.
2) If a party arrives and there is not enough room on the plane requested due to people
already being on the plane, the party is directed to wait in the lounge and a message to
that effect is printed.
3) If a party arrives and there is not enough room on the plane requested because the
plane is just too small, the party is turned away and a message to that effect is printed.
4) If a party is directed to the lounge and there is not enough room in the lounge, the
party is turned away.
5) Parties are never split.
6) A plane will fly whenever it becomes full and a list of all parties on board will be
printed.
7) A plane may fly upon a command from the ticket clerk. Again a list of all parties on
board will be printed.
8) The ticket clerk will enter when a plane flys and upon the return of the plane the
system will move people from the lounge to the plane in the order in which the parties
arrived, but will skip parties that cannot fit and search for those which can fit. A list
of those parties boarding the plane will be printed.
9) When the airline shuts down for the night, the airplanes will continue to fly and return
(without the ticket clerk performing any action) until all parties in the lounge have
flown with appropriate messages being printed.
10) Party names do not have a maximum size.
The commands the system will accept are the following:
ALFA
BRAVO
LOUNGE
FLY
ARRIVE
SHUTDOWN
where: is either ALFA or BRAVO.
is a name of unlimited length.
is an integer number
Fields in the input will be separated by some amount of whitespace.
The ticket clerk is a terrible typist.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.
Please let me know all the details about the requirement based on which I will be able to decide the effort and let you know the cost.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very basic coding, no optimization. Entry level course with standard for loops and dynamic arrays, etc. Not a complicated course or response at all. Just a bare minimum that can perform the task required. Probably will be graded based on ability to work, not too much on the code. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've written up some code and this is the rough template for which the program should be based on. I really hope this helps in expediting the process.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7w553a9svw2qiy/projectfile.zip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I will have a look. What is your timeframe? What compiler/tools/operating system are used?
Sometimes pasting formatted data directly into this site doesn't render as you'd expect.
Could you please upload the original assignment file(s) to wikisend.com (or a file sharing site of your choice).
If there are multiple files, it's easiest to put them in a compressed (zipped) folder and upload just that one item.
Thanks,
Ingo U
PS If you're not familiar with wikisend, it's easy and free:
Go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the File ID and Download Link. Copy either the File ID or the Download Link and come back here and paste it in your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very basic coding, no optimization. Entry level course with standard for loops and dynamic arrays, etc. Not a complicated course or response at all. Just a bare minimum that can perform the task required. Probably will be graded based on ability to work, not too much on the code. Assignment has to be turned in by Friday afternoon to evening Central time.

I went ahead and uploaded what I had to media fire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7w553a9svw

The class uses Visual Studio 2010 and its compiler for C++. If the time frame is too short for you to do with this pay I'm even willing to pay more, I'm really anxious to get this completed because I posted this a while ago.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try.
I downloaded your projectfile.zip and opened with VS2010, it does not compile for me as-is. Does it for you?
Looks like you have a number of things already in place though. Any particular problems you could not solve?
Also, again, if you look up at your original post, it looks like some of the text was garbled somehow... in the section desribing commands for exampe. Do you have the original doc for this you could upload?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it isn't meant to compile. I really just didn't get much of it complete and just need the code for the assignment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtn1nmnhzdmzbg7/Project.pdf?dl=0

That is the assignment. The basic code is about what I want but it doesn't have to be exact, the code just has to follow the assignment instructions. Thank you.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** help.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
So from your code it looks like you're not using classes... and more basic C-style user I/O than C++ (e.g. not using cin/cout much to interact with user). D Do you only use char arrays as strings, or can you use the C++ "string" class? Your methods to get input from user ... do they have to be that way?
Also, I assume no using STL libraries for lists, queues etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah it's a very fundamental class and our professor despises cin for input in general. Char arrays are used a wide majority of the time, if not always. And yes, stl libs are not used, just string.h and basic array manipulation and string comparisons or modifications. It's meant to be a class to teach basic coding and to introduce to the language, however irresponsible and irrelevant some of the code may be.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long will it take to complete the program?

Thanks

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry after looking at it for a while I realize I won't be able to do this in the short timeframe. Maybe someone else is available who has the whole day open tomorrow, but my resources are limited. My apologies.
Regards,
Ingo U