Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

C++ Write a class called Point that contains two doubles

Customer Question

C++ Write a class called Point that contains two doubles that represent its x- and y-coordinates. It should have get and set methods for both fields. It should have a constructor that takes two double parameters and passes those values to the set methods
to initialize its fields. It should have a default constructor that initializes both coordinates to 0. It should also contain a method called distanceTo that takes as a parameter a constant reference to another Point and returns the distance from the Point
that was passed as a parameter to the Point that we called the method of. You will need to use sqrt(). For example at the end of the following, dist should be equal to 5.0: Point p1(-1.5, 0.0); Point p2(1.5, 4.0); double dist = p1. distanceTo(p2); Next, write
a class called LineSegment that contains two Points that represent its two endpoints. It should have get and set methods for both fields and a constructor that takes two Point parameters and passes them to the set methods to initialize the data members. It
should also contain a method called length that returns the length of the LineSegment – by using the distanceTo method on its endpoints – and a method called slope that returns the slope of the LineSegment (if the LineSegment is vertical, go ahead and return
the value you get when dividing doubles by zero, which is infinity) Do not include a main method in the files you submit - just the definition of your Point and LineSegment classes. I will be including a main method for testing, and there can only be one main
method in a program. You will of course need to have a main method for testing purposes - just make sure you delete it or comment it out before submitting your files. The functions for the Point class should have the following names: setXCoord, getXCoord setYCoord,
getYCoord distanceTo The functions for the LineSegment class should have the following names: setEnd1, getEnd1 setEnd2, getEnd2 length slope The files must be named: Point.hpp, Point.cpp, LineSegment.hpp and LineSegment.cpp Point.cpp and LineSegment.hpp should
both #include Point.hpp. LineSegment.cpp should #include LineSegment.hpp. The main method you write for testing will also need to include LineSegment.hpp. If you named the file with your main method "geomMain.cpp", then you can compile your program with "g++
Point.cpp LineSegment.cpp geomMain.cpp -o geom".
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The price will be set at 45 USD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The price is 50 USD for this question
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your question, I'll be happy to help you. Do you have a timeframe for this assignment? I could certainly do it tomorrow, if not tonight...
Also, what operating system do you use in this class?
Thanks,
Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
I'm working on your code, but please let me know if you're still interested since I haven't heard back from you.
Thanks,
Ingo
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
here are your files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ddixuwgk4obra1/geom.zip?dl=0
Written in VS2012 on Win8, also compiled and tested on linux.
Please let me know if you need anything else!
Regards,
Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.