Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

In the circuit shown in the figure, the zener diode is rated

Customer Question

In the circuit shown in the figure, the zener diode is rated at 5.6 V and is operating in the zener region. If the voltage from the variable DC power source is 10 V, what would be the measured voltage between points A and B?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for requesting me again.
When a 5.6V Zener diode is operating in the zener region, that tells us the voltage across it will be very very close to 5.6V (-5.6V, strictly speaking, in terms of diode polarity) regardless of current flow.
Thus, the resistor and diode form a kind of voltage divider, and if the supply is set to 10V (points A-C), the voltage between A and B will have to be:
10V - 5.6V = 4.4V
Please feel free to request me directly at
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-ingou/
If you do, please also put "FOR INGO U ONLY" at the beginning of the question text; it'll help catch my eye when I look at the inbox of questions.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
just following up, were you able to use my solution?
Please feel free to post any additional questions, comments or concerns you may have regarding this issue.
If you're not yet satisfied with the result, please let me know what is missing.
I will do my best to make it right for you.
Otherwise, please don't forget to rate my service - I don't get paid for my work until your rating is received.
Regards,
Ingo U
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.