Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Assume a program has 510 bytes and will be loaded into page

Customer Question

Assume a program has 510 bytes and will be loaded into page frames of 256 bytes each, and the instruction to be used is at byte 377. Answer the following questions a. How many pages are needed to store the entire job? b. Compute the page number and exact displacement for each of the byte addresses where the data is stored.

2. Chapter 3. Questions 5a, 5b, 5c Given that main memory is composed of only three page frames for public use and that a seven-page program( with pages a, b,c,d,e,f,g) that requests pages in the order: a,c,a,b,a,d,a,c,b,d,e,f a. Using the FIFO page removal algorithm, indicate the movement of the pages into and out of the available page frames ( called the page trace analysis) indicating each page fault with and asterisk (*). Than compute the failure and success ratios. b. Increase the size of memory so it contains four page frames for public use. Using the same page requests as above and FIFO, do another page trace analysis and compute the failure and success ratios. c. What general statement can you make from this example? Explain your answer

3. Chapter 3. Questions 6a, 6b, 6c Given the main memory is composed of only three page frames for public use and that a program requests pages in the following order: a, c, b, d, a, c, e, a, c, b, d, e A. Using the FIFO page removal algorithm, indicate the movement of the pages into and out of the available page frames ( called the page trace analysis) indicating each page fault with and asterisk (*). Than compute the failure and success ratios. B. Increase the size of memory so it contains four page frames for public use. Using the same page requests as above and FIFO, do another page trace analysis and compute the failure and success ratios. C. What general statement can you make from this example? Explain your answer

Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes... I already submitted payment...

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.