LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML

** For LOGICPRO only** I believe you have done this one

** For LOGICPRO only**

I believe you have done this one before so it should be easy for you if you keep an archive of what you have done here:

I would like to have this by Wednesday / Thursday of this week if possible please

Create a class called BankAccount. The BankAccount class should contain a String to store the customer name and a double to store the account balance. The BankAccount class should have 2 constructors as follows:

public BankAccount(String name, double balance)
throws NegativeAmountException
// set name and balance
// make sure balance is not negative
// throw exception if balance is negative

public BankAccount(String name)
throws NegativeAmountException
// set name and use 0 balance

As can be seen, the first constructor throws a NegativeAmountException if the balance being used to create the bank account is negative. You will have to create this exception class yourself.

The BankAccount class should also contain methods to make a deposit, make a withdrawal, get the current balance, and print a bank account statement. The interfaces for these methods should appear as follows:

// update balance by adding deposit amount
// make sure deposit amount is not negative
// throw exception if deposit is negative
public void deposit(double amount)
throws NegativeAmountException

// update balance by subtracting withdrawal amount
// throw exception if funds are not sufficient
// make sure withdrawal amount is not negative
// throw NegativeAmountException if amount is negative
// throw InsufficientFundsException if balance < amount
public void withdraw(double amount)
throws InsufficientFundsException, NegativeAmountException

// return current balance
public double getBalance()

// print bank statement including customer name
// and current account balance
public void printStatement();

Use the BankAccount class as the superclass for a SavingsAccount class. In addition to the behaviors of a BankAccount, a SavingsAccount also accumulates interest, therefore the SavingsAccount class contains a double that is populated with the current interest rate. In addition to its constructors (you decide what the constructors should be), the SavingsAccount class should contain the following methods:

// post monthly interest by multiplying current balance
// by current interest rate divided by 12 and then adding
// result to balance by making deposit
public void postInterest()

// and current account balance (use printStatement from
// the BankAccount superclass)
// following this also print current interest rate
public void printStatement()

Once these two classes are completed, create a driver class called FinalExam containing a main method that tests the SavingsAccount class. Within the driver test class, create a SavingsAccount object and then use it to make deposits, withdrawals, and to post the monthly interest.

To make the program simpler, you can incorporate the initial data for the Savings Accounts directly in the program (e.g., no need to prompt for the account holder name or starting balance). The only things you need to prompt for are the deposit amount and the withdrawal amount. Also, to simplify the task, the only exceptions that you should handle are the NegativeAmountException and the InsufficientFundsException. If either of these exception conditions occurs, print an appropriate error message and terminate the application. You can simply re-throw any IOExceptions from the main.
Welcome back and thank you for asking me.
Please check back in 24 hours.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi Edwards,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes