LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

This project focuses on demonstrating your understanding of

This project focuses on demonstrating your understanding of classes and objects. Before attempting this project, be sure you have completed all of the reading assignments listed in the syllabus to date, participated in the weekly conferences, and thoroughly understand the examples throughout the chapters. The project requirements include:

Design and implement a stringed musical instrument class using the following guidelines:

Data fields for your instrument should include number of strings, an array of string names representing string names (e.g. E,A,D,G), and boolean fields to determine if the instrument is tuned, and if the instrument is currently playing. You are welcome to add additional data fields if you like.
A constructor method that set the tuned and currently playing fields to false.
Other methods 1) to tune the instrument, 2) to start the instrument playing, and 3) to stop the instrument from playing.
Other methods as you see fit (Add at least one unique method).

Create a UML class diagram using a diagram tool (e.g. PPT, Visio) of your choice. Prepare the diagrams and place them in a word document along with a brief description of each of your classes.

Create Java classes for your instruments. Be sure that your code matches your design specifications and some minimal functionality is included. For example, if you called the violin.play() method, you should at least print that the violin is playing. Similar functionality should be supplied when you stop playing, tune or call any of your methods. For example:

public void playviolin() {
System.out.println("The violin is now playing.");
}

Write the output from your Instrument class methods to a text file that a user entered from the command line arguments (e.g. java Mynamep3tst myfilename.txt). This allows your program to accept filenames from the user via a command line argument.

Finally, create a Java test class that simulates using your instrument class. In your test class be you should at a minimum: a) Construct 10 instances of your instrument, b) tune your instruments, c) Start playing your instrument, d) Call your unique method, and e) Stop playing your instruments. (Hint: Arrays and Loops will make your job easier and result in more efficient code!)

Your programs should compile and run without errors.

Be sure to test your program carefully. Provide a list of comprehensive test cases used to validate your application and include these test cases in your word document containing your UML diagrams and descriptions. Similar to Project 1, your test data can be shown in a table that includes input data, expected output, actual output and pass/fail results from the test.

Submission requirements:

Your deliverables include a Java instrument file, Java test file and a Word document. The Java instrument file should be named Yournamep3.java. The Java test file should be named Yournamep3test.java. Your word document should include your test table, and UML diagrams and descriptions and be named Yournamep3.doc. Your completed assignment should be submitted to your Project 3 assignment area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 10 months ago.
Welcome back
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Tonight.

Download:
zip
stringed musical instrument File Read4.zip
Unzip to get 2 java files
Compile test file
Run the test file from commandline providing a file name as commandline argument.

Here is UML:
docx
StringedMusicalUML.docx

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.

Thank you for using this site!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hey I am getting a error on the program you sent me it states Error: Main method not found in class tommybillupsp3.TommyBillupsp3, please define the main method as:
public static void main(String[] args)

I have created project for you.
Delete all created projects so far
Download:
http://wikisend.com/download/295412/TommyBillupsp3.zip

Unzip to a real folder get NetBeans project folder

Open NetBeans

Click on file->open project

Navigate to unzipped folder and click open

The project will be shown in left pane (project explorer)

Right click on project ad click on properties

under categories(left pane), click on 'Run' to select.

In right pane, Browse to test file (TommyBillupsp3Test) as main class file

in argument box, put any text file name like a.txt

Click on ok

Now

Right click on project and click Run to get output. output will laso be written to the filename given as argumet and this file will be created in project's root folder

Also change the class name in UML diagram :)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How long will I be able to access these files

For 7 days. You can ask me again for more days if you want.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How do I Unzip to a real folder get NetBeans project folder once I download. This is my first time using wikisend

Read here How to unzip http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/82/

To download free winzip go to http://www.winzip.com/win/en/downwz.htm

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am installing winzip right now. The only thing I changed on your program was the name which showed no issue and this is the first answer you provided me with. When I went to run the program it was stating I need to add what I sent you in the previous email. Now I have to download all these other programs just for you to correct a problem. give me a sec while I download or try to figure out the question I asked. Please view the attachment and name it TBP3 and run it in netbeans so you can understand the error I am experiencing.

ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay -

I was able to see the outrun which showed as successful but where is program?

I was able to run the program but in the actual java program was missing? Was you still using the java program you sent me earlier?

Expand your project in NetBeans by clicking + sign.
Inside Source Pckages -> default package, you will find java files.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Can I use the same UML class diagram you gave me earlier.

Yes but change the class names in the uml.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Last question for tonight. It seems that I can export the files as a readable .java file in word art. I tried to export them but I keep running into issues. Thanks for your patients today.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Hi Tom,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro