TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

for TheDoctor only...help with web content

Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 8 months ago.

Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

Please send me the assignment details.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Well this time I want you to use your creativity....I have the basics of what the design needs to be...this is just the structure. No content really needs to be added at this point. I just need the pages to be link to one another.

http://wikisend.com/download/273016/site layout.docx

Thank you Mille.

I will contact you once this is ready.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

ok great thanks

You're welcome.
Hello again Mille!

Please download the files here:

DOWNLOAD

As you requested, the site doesn't actually have any real content yet. All of the images are a placeholder. And it is clear where content should be added.

All of the pages exist now and are linked together. So the entire structure is done.

With a site like this with a cart/checkout and a "contact us", you are going to need to do server-side scripting. So I created the files as PHP files. You cannot implement this functionality in pure HTML. There is not yet any actual PHP code in the files, so you can still view them by opening them directly in the browser. Once there is actual PHP code, you will have to set up a local WAMP server in order to run the files locally. We can discuss that more if/when you get the point of adding server-side scripts.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

which file lets you view the site?

These are PHP files, so they may not automatically open in your browser if you attempt to double click them. You absolutely will need to use PHP (Or another server-side technology) to implement the functionality of this site.

A PHP file is just a text file, so you can open it in your browser just like an HTML file. Since there is not yet any PHP code in the files, it doesn't matter.

You should know, however, that opening a web page directly in your browser like that is not the correct way to view a web site. You are supposed to place the files in a web server area and open it via localhost. But that is for a future question.

For these files, you can open them easily. Open up your web browser and press CTRL-O to open a file. Then browser to index.php and open that file. It will open in the browser like any normal web file opened directly in the browser.

Once you get to the point of implementing actual functionality, you will absolutely not be able to test the site by opening files directly in the browser. That's not how the internet works. HTML files and PHP files are processed through a web server and then an HTTP response is sent to your browser. You don't open files directly. It's simply an inaccurate way of testing a site and will absolutely not work once you start doing some server-side scripting. Again, once you get to that point, I can help you get a correct development environment set up on your computer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I think when I thought about the design for this website, I thought way to big for just a small project. In this project the actual functionalities of placing an order from the online store and such are not really going to be implemented. It's just the frontline for a basic website for a course.

Hello again Mille,

Since you don't need to implement the functionality, then I'll just send you the files in HTML.

Double-click on the index.html, or open with your browser using CTRL-O.

DOWNLOAD

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK great. Once I create the content and images will you be able to implement that?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK great will do thanks again

You are very welcome.