Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

Scenario: Think of an opportunity in your personal, academic,

Scenario: Think of an opportunity in your personal, academic, or professional life in which you could use a database (ordering supplies, tracking inventory, maintaining a customer mailing list, organizing a library, etc.). Answer the following questions:

What guidelines would you use for designing your database and tables?
Who would your end users be and how would you accommodate their needs through your design?
Explain how you would use filters or queries. What's the difference between a filter and a query?
What kinds of reports would you run? Why?

Ray Atkinson :

Does your prof know you well, or can I use something from my life?

Customer: I think he knows everyone in the class so I don't know
Customer: It's an online class if that help
Customer: Right now I work in a pharmacy as a tech if you can do something with this info
Ray Atkinson :

No, probably not. I will opt out and let someone else help you. I was thinking a genealogy database.

Ray Atkinson :

Would he know that you do not have an interest in genealogy?

Customer: Ohh no that's fine . I was thinking in general but he doesn't know me that well

In that case, I will get this written up. I actually have a genealogy database with over 41000 people on it, so I have a leg up on this question.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.