R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

For RRjha only, I have another question for you. I have data

For RRjha only, I have another question for you. I have data in columns E,F,G,H,I some data is left unfilled meaning no color, and the other data is filled in with color. The data to be used is the unfilled data. I want a macro where I label the columns where the data is found in for EX: E labeled A, F labeled B, G labeled C, H labeled D, and I labeled E. once I enter this A,B,C,D,E I want to run a search in the range of data L78 through AKC5988. pick a number from the column "called" A which will be number 9 then look into column "called B to find number 15, and so on with each column "called C,D,E. and to find every combination being sure to follow that the column "called" A the only numbers used for the first column only are the ones in the E column "called" A and so on. this way it ensures for ex: 1-4-19-21-26 or 1-4-19-21-31 etc.    http://ge.tt/1WHLxjy/v/0

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 11 months ago.

Received the question. Give some time to assimilate your requirements. I'll be back to you asap.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, ok, thanks
No problem.
Ok, could you break it down in simple steps. Once I pick numbers 9, 15, 22, 24 ,26 from the five columns how exactly the macro should search and how should it output the results?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I pick the A B C D E , this model or format will be used to pick a number from the column E, then the next number will be picked from F , G, H, and I it will search for all combinations one number from each column then return the row column and row in which it is found in Column N.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I pick the A B C D E , this model or format will be used to pick a number from the column E, then the next number will be picked from F , G, H, and I it will search for all combinations one number from each column then return the row column and row in which it is found in Column N. but keep in mind it is only using the numbers unfilled with color. then I may choose another format like B,C,D,B,E. In the column L shows which one I may choose at any time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok I pick the A B C D E , this model or format will be used to pick a number from the column E, then the next number will be picked from F , G, H, and I it will search for all combinations one number from each column then return the combination and place it in the N column but keep in mind it is only using the numbers unfilled with color. then I may choose another format like B,C,D,B,E. In the column L shows which one I may choose at any time. its easier just to list the combinations found to the N column.

Ok, for example if you picked B,B,B,C,C then first combination to be placed in N would be 15-12-4-22-23?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes, and all possible combinations than can come from the B,B,B,C,C

Alright, how should I read the desired format? I can prompt for input or you can select the cell having the format and then run the macro?
Also, I believe I've to clear the existing combinations when searching for a new format?
Which cell should I place the first combination?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

prompt for an input, yes clear the ones that were produced in the Coulmn N for new data.

N100.

As I add data the unfilled cells will change. so the macro will identify the unfilled numbers to use only?

Ok, the macro would identify and use only unfilled numbers even if you add more data.

This might be time taking. Is it ok if I finish this by tomorrow?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

sure. Thanks

Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks again

No problem (Forum policy compels us to reply to your every post Undecided)
Here it is. Please make sure unfilled data is not filled with even white color.

https://app.box.com/s/dujurupdnynhq08njrt7

Thanks

R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't check now as I am at work. Ill check it later and reply. Thanks again
No problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok it worked! everything looks good! the data that is in column N the results is good, I would also like the data to be unmerged into the column O,P,Q,R,S so that I can selected the data and do a sum of each combination. but unchanging the anything just adding the unmerged data to the columns to the right. thanks ill add bonus for the additional work.

Ok, I'll unmerge it and get back to you. And is option to add bonus appearing above?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not yet but when I get home ill add it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks again:)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I called and the justanswer assisted me to add the bonus for the work.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks

I've updated the macro. Please download it again from the same link above.

Let me know if I could help with anything else.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will check when I get home. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I ran another Search with AAABD and the result didnt come out right it list the number 3 3 3 28 28, can you fix this error? it suppossed to use only the unfilled number and not repeat in the same combination. it worked on the ABCDE but not on the AAABD http://ge.tt/8rq06sz/v/0

Ok, let me see.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just wondering if you got a chance to look at the error. Thanks

Sorry for late reply. I've been away from laptop due to health issues. I'll look into the problem as soon as possible.

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, no problem. Thanks
Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How ya doing?
Still recovering. But I'll look into it and try to get back to you by tonight.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, get well. You can get it to me tomorrow. Thanks again.
Ok, working on it. Just need some clarification.
Suppose there are only 2 unfilled cells for 'A' which is column 'E'. Now if you enter AAABC what should be the output? Should I leave the output blank? or indicate in output that data for that column is missing? This is a case even if you enter all five distinct columns but they don't have the unfilled cells to show?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it doesn't have enough unfilled for the AAABC then state missing data.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So like you said if there are only 2 unfilled in the column E which is A and I put AAABC then put put missing data. Thanks
Ok, seems no easy way around the duplicates. I'll keep working on it and let you know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thank you very much. :)
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Anything else I could help with in this regard? All set, please let me know when you've sent the bonus. As of now, it's only showing that $5 bonus you sent on original rating the other day.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried sending but it was stating to pay another 50.00. It wouldn't let me send the 15.00 to 20.00 bonus, I called and they stated just answer added 15.00 before I asked this last f/u question. I will call to see how I can fix this so I can add the bonuses. Thanks
p.s. the program worked thanks!
Ok, Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
While I work on the bonuses for you do you have knowledge of prediction type models based on historical data and location of data? If so let me know and if I can't set up bonus through justanswer I can add to next question. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok this is what I'll do,I have another question and ill add the bonuses on to it. I want to know if you have experience with prediction type models or programs with vba based on history of data etc.
I know about some of the prediction techniques. I'll have to see what type of data do we have to see if any of those technique could be applied.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I really don't like the forecast as it isn't really accurate nor the trend really. I will work on the which data I will use and set up the question. Thanks
Alright