Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications

ScenarioAcme Toys, Inc. is a leading toy manufacturer.

Acme Toys, Inc. is a leading toy manufacturer. As part of its expansion plan, it purchased a new building for its headquarters, which will house all the departments of the company. Apart from the usual departments, such as marketing, sales (with telemarketing capability), accounting, and IT, the building will also house the R&D, manufacturing, and distribution departments.

The company wants to set up a network to enable employees to communicate and share resources. The company requires workstations and server computers. The servers should provide support for:

A multiuser environment
Multiple processors
Various types of applications
High security
High memory requirements
In addition, the network should be able to support high-level, multiuser applications that will run simultaneously. The profiles of employees range from a sales executive who is not computer savvy to IT professionals and people in the R&D department who are technology savvy. Due to the diverse user profiles, the company also needs to consider the ease of use of the OS.

The IT department is in the process of designing the processing requirements of computers. Although the entire company will be networked, a separate network is required for the R&D department because of security reasons. In addition, the manufacturing department plans to expand its network within the next six months by fifty percent.

As a member of the IT team, you need to recommend the best OSs for workstations and servers on the network. You need to consider the ease of use of various OSs based on user profiles. Your report must provide a rationale for the proposed OS and compatibility issues, if any, if you propose using multiple OSs.

Part 1—Identifying Network Requirements and OS Implementation

Using the South University Online library and the Internet, research various OSs.

Based on your research, create a report in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document to complete the following tasks:

Identify and describe in detail the requirements for Acme Toys Inc. Make sure that you include the different requirements for workstations and servers.
Identify the requirements an OS and architecture implementation must address. Include details about hardware, software, security, memory, and different types of users. Discuss resource needs to be managed by the OS, architecture, distributed operated systems, whether there is a need for a GUI, and windowing.
Support your responses with examples.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You have an expert that already answered it. I just wanted to buy his answer to review it. If he does not want to offer I will not pursue any one else. The dead line is tomorrow.

Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 2 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience: BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications