TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

**FOR THE DOCTOR** Step 1: Using the same subset of 4 (four)

**FOR THE DOCTOR**
Step 1:
Using the same subset of 4 (four) tables from the Project 1 ERD you used for your Access database, develop and run the SQL DDL (data definition language) statements necessary to construct an Oracle database on the UMUC Nova Server that exhibits the proper relational database design practices of integrity and normalization.
You should use a re-runable SQL script file for this step (e.g. "p2_step1.sql"), which may be called from pare
Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 10 months ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

I will contact you once this is ready.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry i can only post so much on the first question. here is the full assignment.

Step 1:
You should use a re-runable SQL script file for this step (e.g. "p2_step1.sql"), which may be called from parent SQL script file (e.g. "project2.sql"). By "re-runnable" it is meant that your SQL script can be run over and over again without any modification, so it will need to include the necessary DROP TABLE statements prior to corresponding CREATE TABLE statements.
Eventually you need to run your SQL script file while logged on to the Nova server via iSQL*Plus or SQL*Plus, but you may develop your SQL script on any suitable Oracle host. Your created database tables must reside on Nova in your own schema.
Your script files must contain all necessary SQL*Plus commands for echoing SQL statements and capturing output in a SPOOL file. Via the SQL CONSTRAINT keyword, you must explicitly name all tables' constraints for primary keys, foreign keys, check and unique constraints (you do not need to name NOT NULL constraints). Note that there is no SPOOL command for iSQL*Plus so if you use that option, simply redirect your SQL execution output to an HTML file and submit that in lieu of a SPOOL file.

Step 2:
Using the appropriate SQL DML (data manipulation language) statements, populate each table in your Oracle database on the Nova server with at least two rows of data each. You should do this via a re-runable SQL script file (e.g. "p2_step2.sql"), which would be called from your parent SQL script file (e.g."project2.sql") immediately following the calling of your Step #1 script file.
Be sure to include a COMMIT statement in your SQL script file.
Once all tables are populated, demonstrate via SQL "SELECT *" statements in your script file that your tables are properly populated. You should plan to develop your SQL script file on the Nova server, via a remote connection via SQL*Plus, or iSQL*Plus. Note that there is no SPOOL command for iSQL*Plus so if you use that option, simply redirect your SQL execution output to an HTML file and submit that in lieu of a SPOOL file

Deliverable
Take a screen snapshot of your 4 (four) tables on Nova. This can be accomplished via the SQL statement “SELECT table_name FROM user_tables”. Also, do a DESC (i.e. DESCRIBE) of each table and then take a screen snapshot of the columns of each table show in the output.
Take screen snapshots of the contents your 4 (four) tables on Nova. This can be accomplished via the SQL statement “SELECT * FROM your_table_name_here ”.

This assignment is Due Sunday Nov 10 by 11pm

Thank you. I will contact you once his is ready.
Hello again George!

Please download the files here:

DOWNLOAD

This is everything that you need for this assignment. Of course, you still have to run it on your school server.

If you are going to run with SQL*Plus, then you will upload the three sql files to your school account and run it in SQL*Plus with the command:

@project2.sql

This will automatically create a spool file for you called MY_SPOOL.TXT

I have sent you my copy of the spool file to show you that everything works fine. But you still need to run this stuff on your school's server.

If you are going to use iSQL*Plus, then you cannot create a spool file like this (as mentions din the assignment). I this case, you will run all of the code in p2_step1.sql and then p2_step2.sql and redirect your output to an HTML file, as mentioned in the assignment. I'm note entire sure how you go about doing that, as I never use iSQL. I use SQL*Plus. It is easier that way, as you can run everything instantly with a single command. You just need to make sure the three SQL files are in the write place. All the information about connecting to SQL*Plus and where to upload your files should all have been provided to you in your course. Unfortunately, I cannot log into your school account and run this stuff for you. But I can promise that it all works and meets all of the requirements. You can review the spool file I sent to see the results of me running it.

Please keep in mind that the first time you run this stuff, you WILL get errors. That is because you are required to include drop tables in your scripts. The first time you run them, there will be no tables to drop. Therefore, you will get errors. You can simply ignore them. They're are normal.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hey Doc, thank you very much for the answer, but i still need

a portion of the assignment. which is: Take a screen snapshot of your 4 (four) tables on Nova. This can be accomplished via the SQL statement “SELECT table_name FROM user_tables”. Also, do a DESC (i.e. DESCRIBE) of each table and then take a screen snapshot of the columns of each table show in the output.
Take screen snapshots of the contents your 4 (four) tables

thank you

I cannot do that for you. Read that requirement:

Take a screen snapshot of your 4 (four) tables ON NOVA

It is asking you to take a screen snapshot of you running the code on your school's server.

As mentioned in the assignment requirements, you **must** run all of the code on your schools server. Only you can do that and I gave you detailed notes about you needing tot do that. I obviously cannot run the code on your school's server for you, as I do not have access. "Nova" refers to your school's server. If I take screenshots on my server, your instructor will instantly know that it was not taken on the school server.

Only you have the ability to take those screen shots. And if you don't run the code on your school's server, as I mentioned in my answer, you will likely fail the assignment, as it is required that you run all of the code on the school's server.

I am not a student at your school and cannot connect to "Nova" (your school's server). You have to do that. You have to run all of the code I gave you there anyway or you will fail the assignment.

Run all of the code I gave you on the school's server, as I described, and then do as it states. Run that select statement for each of the four tables and then run a desc on each of the four tables. It is extremely simple, but I cannot do it for you. I cannot connect to your school's server.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

oh thank you DOC. but that is not necessary, i have run the code through the Nova server, and have done all of the steps. i have submitted the assignment. i thank you very much for your help, and expertise. i will ask for you again in the future.

Again thank you

That's excellent George. I was really worried that you wouldn't be able to get the code run on the server in time! I'm glad you got it submitted.

Thank you again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I gave a little extra.

Thanks again Doc