ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
44910485

Hi, I need help with an assignment due by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday

Hi, I need help with an assignment due by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday Nov, 10 2013. I had some issues with an out patient surgery, but my professor is not being very helpful in giving me time to learn the material or in giving me an extension.
Anyway, the layout of the tables is not important (which is making it even harder for me because we do not actually have the tables so I can't check my work) he just wants to see that the code is written properly in terms of syntax and logic. I know it's a lot and a short time, but I am desperate for help and I am not getting it from my professor. I have contacted the Dean, but apparently the professor is not "required" to offer any additional help other than the basic assignments and lectures, but since this is an online class, all of that is canned anyway. Hopefully this professor is not hired again, I know that many others in the class are having the same issues.
There are 18 questions:

1.Write a query to display your name, and the current date on a single line of output

2. Display using the employees table the employee id, last name, hire date, and salary, of every employee who was hired after 7 June 1994.

3. Write a query to modify the previous query and display the hire dates that are between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2000.

4. Write a query using the jobs table to determine what the max salaries would be if the marketing managers were given a 10% raise. Label the column New MKT MGR. Display three columns from the jobs table including the max_salary column.

5. Using the job_history table display the employee numbers, department id, and start date, which is the first FRIDAY six months from the start date. Format the dates to appear in the format similar to “Friday the Tenth of January, 1997”.

6. For each Employee in the employees table display the employee_id, job_id, department_id, salary and calculate the number of months between today’s date and the hire_date. Label the column MONTHS BETWEEN. Round the number of months up to the closest whole number.

7. Write a query using the jobs table that produces the following output concatenated: , has a minimum salary of, , but a maximum salary that is more than the min_salary. Provide a column alias for each column.

8. Write a query using the locations table to display the STREET_ADDRESS in uppercase, the CITY in lowercase and the length of the STATE_PROVINCE. Order the results by the POSTAL_CODE.

9. Write a query using the employees table to display the employee id, last name and hire date for four specific employees without using the ‘or’ operator.

10. Write a query using the jobs table to display the job id, and job title for three specific jobs whose job description starts with an M.

11. Write a query using the jobs table to display the job id, and job title for job descriptions that have the string ‘present’ or ‘hip’ in the job title.

12. Write a query using the employees table that displays the department id, employee id, manager id and salary where the commission pct is not null.

13. Create a unique listing using the jobs table of all the jobs that have a minimum salary of 4000. Include the all of the columns in the output.

14. Create a query that will display the employee id, manager id and hire date. If the employee does not receive a commission put “No Commission is Paid”. Create an alias for the column.

15. Write a query using the employees table to display the employee id, hire date, and salary for all employees with a hire date of 24 March 1998.

16. Write query using the locations table that displays the street address and city of all locations based on the value of the column country id as follows:

IT Italy

JP Japan

CN Canada

UK United Kingdom

NL Netherlands

17. Write query using the locations table that displays the street address and city of all locations based on the value of the column country id as follows:

IT Italy

JP Japan

CN Canada

UK United Kingdom

else display Another Place

18. Display the highest and lowest hire date of all employees in the employees table. Label the columns Largest and Smallest.
Category: Homework
Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
Can you please upload erd or database on www.wikisend.com and post file id.Also upload anything else related too this assignment you may have
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

This is quite literally all that I have. We have no additional information what so ever. The professor has told us, after we asked repeatedly how we were supposed to complete this, that it is all theoretical. None of the tables exist, we are just supposed to use place holder type names for columns. For example, if it asks for the employee id, we use employee_id.

I am doing this in sql Plus by the way, I don't know if that really matters though since nothing really exists anywhere.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
Let me take an attempt at this requirements are as you said aren't clear at all. Looking at number of questions and effort please confirm if price of 90 sound ok
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I completely agree about the instructions. That is the main reason I was looking for some help with this; it is far to unclear in just about every way. Unfortunately I can't afford a 90 price. As it is I am stretching myself thin with the 55. I can understand asking for more though. No worries at all if the payment is too low. I will just tell my professor I couldn't do it.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
let me see what i can do i will keep you posted
Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know if you still need this answer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I do, but like I said, $55 is as high as I can go. Any amount of help would be appreciated as this is for my midterm and I am really struggling with this class.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 9 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for this work. After seeing your solutions, I can actually dort of reverse analyze some of the questions and it is helping me to learn the process better.