FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

I need the answers to the questions you already answered for

Customer Question

I need the answers to these already answered questions 

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/75e1l-question-20-5-0-points.html

Can you supply them Al

Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Al,

It would be my pleasure to provide you with those answers.

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k64kx4926ir5pm9

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only received the answers for the first three tests, where are the other two tests....can you please send them

I only answered 3 tests at that link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The media fire link you sent has the other two tests, I'm hoping you don't want 60 dollars to simply resend a link on 3 tests with a 75 percent average? Hopefully you can at least resend the link for the other two tests

There appears to be some confusion. You requested that I send you an active link to the answers on the specific page and offered to pay the site $60 for that service. That is what I did. If there is something more that you would like, you need to be more specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see where the confusion is, if you check the link, all 5 tests are listed as the question, and the original customers asked they all be answered. I am not sure why you wouldn't send me the second link....

There is not another link available on that page. The customer requested 5 tests initially but if you scroll down, you will see that only 3 tests were answered. If answered the other 2 tests elsewhere, please provide me the link and I will make the answers available to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what link is the one with the answers, I can see you agreed to answer the next 60 questions, but then the thread ends. I am not sure what link you used to send the answers, if you can not find it, perhaps you can just simply answer the questions. If you can not find out which link you sent to answer those questions, I would think 60 dollars is an appropriate amount of money to answer 60 questions and send one link of previously completed work, right?

$60 is what you paid the site - not my money! However if you upload the specific questions that you would like answered, I would be willing to answer them for you. Please note I am doing this as a measure of goodwill. Usually I would request a bonus of $50. If this is agreeable, please leave a favorable rating at this time and provide me with the questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I didn't think the site took so much money. It should be noted the tests are easiest viewed in the link you sent me as the last three tests. However, here they are as well:

Which of the following statements is true about referring to visuals in the text of a document?

A. In general, you should refer to visuals in the text of the document.
B. In general, the audience will check the visual whether you refer to it in the text or not.
C. Textual references should never be placed in parenthetical references.
D. If you embed a textual reference in a sentence, the reader will not pay attention to it.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Which of the following statements about the placement of visuals is true?

A. Visuals that readers need to refer to repeatedly should be placed at the front of the document.
B. Always place visuals on the right side of the page; people tend not to look at visuals placed on the left side of a page.
C. If a visual requires an entire page in a document printed only on one side of the paper, place the visual on the page following the text reference.
D. If a formal report has more than two visuals, include a list of figures or a list of tables at the beginning of the document.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Symbols used by most countries in which there is a yellow triangle with a black band and a black graphic on it:

A. are used to give directions to travelers.
B. prohibit whatever is written on the sign.
C. signal a safety precaution, such as "ear protection necessary."
D. warn about whatever is displayed in the triangle.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Which of the following statements is true about scatter graphs?

A. Because scatter graphs are relatively easy to interpret, their statistical relevance does not have to be discussed in the text.
B. If the dots are randomly scattered, they have a high degree of correlation.
C. If the diagonal runs from the upper left to the lower right, the correlation is positive.
D. Because interpreting scatter graphs is often difficult, their use is generally limited to professional and expert audiences.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

The type of graph which is used to emphasize the proportionate distribution of something is a:

A. bar graph.
B. pie graph.
C. scatter graph.
D. subdivided bar graph.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

In identifying and distinguishing between insects, __________ is the most helpful aspect of a visual.

A. color
B. font size
C. chart design
D. organization

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

A(n) __________ portrays the hierarchy of a corporation by putting each position in a separate block.

A. organizational chart
B. flowchart
C. block chart
D. free-form chart

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

As visuals, photographs often provide too much detail; therefore, _______ is/are often placed on the photograph to draw attention to the main features.

A. dots
B. text
C. callout arrows
D. grid lines

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Color can be misused when there are too many colors, too much color, inappropriate colors, or when:

A. colors are used as symbols, such as when neon orange is used to signify warnings.
B. the intensity differs according to purpose.
C. colors attract attention to a topic.
D. color is used simply as decoration, contradicting the basic premise that color in technical documents should be functional.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

According to the OSHA and APWA Safety Colors chart, which of the following is a correct match?

A. Red = WARNING
B. Yellow = CAUTION
C. Blue = SAFETY
D. Green = NOTICE

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

The seven important uses of color are: signaling safety, attracting attention, enabling accurate identification, showing structure and organization, highlighting components and their function or movement, aiding comprehension, and:

A. decorating documents.
B. guiding reading.
C. influencing interpretation.
D. organizing information.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Which of the following is the most common way to collect information about visitors to Web sites?

A. Hit counters
B. Adware
C. Spyware
D. Cookies

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

The protocol that allows computers to locate and communicate with each other is called:

A. TCP/IP.
B. ISP.
C. PPP.
D. URL.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Of the factors that have been identified as particularly important to online reading, which relates to how easily readers can move through and locate places on the Web?

A. Responsiveness
B. Navigation
C. Legibility
D. Equipment and service

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

When Web site designers consider the framework that structures the information in such a way that that it meets the goals and expectations of the user, they are considering:

A. online video presentations.
B. content.
C. page/screen design.
D. information architecture.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Which link's primary function is to authenticate the site and its content by describing the organization's legal status, its formal policies, contact information, and so on?

A. Authorizing
B. Commenting
C. Referencing/Citing
D. Exemplifying

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Which of the following ways to navigate Web sites are sequential lists of pages that let users know where they are on the site and where they have been in relation to either the site's home page or their entry point onto the site?

A. Menus
B. Embedded links
C. Breadcrumb trails
D. Dialogue boxes

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

Web site designers should work to prevent (or keep from having):

A. vertical scrolling.
B. horizontal scrolling.
C. white space.
D. more content than navigation on a page

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

As discussed in the textbook, which of the following is not supported by older browsers?

A. PNG images
B. JPG images
C. GIF images
D. According to the textbook, all of the above image types are completely supported by all browsers.

Reset Selection
Mark for Review What's This?

When writing for electronic communication:

A. use a pyramid structure for organizing information (details first, followed by the main point in summation).
B. provide extensive in-text links to other sites.
C. use at least 150-250 words in each information chunk.
D. use headings and bulleted lists

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points Questions such as "Who uses it? and "What is its value? relate to which component of a definition? � A. Physical characteristics B. Function C. Operation D. Comparison Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points In constructing formal definitions, you should: � A. make the genus as broad as possible. B. make the genus as narrow as possible. C. make the differentia as exclusive as possible. D. avoid all classifications. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following would NOT be used in creating an informal definition? � A. A synonym B. An antonym C. A classification D. An analogy Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points A(n) __________ definition summarizes or outlines the primary steps involved in the function, usually in chronological order. � A. classification B. informal C. expanded D. operational Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points Expanded definitions commonly include history, examples, and: � A. etymology. B. synonyms. C. stipulations. D. drawings and illustrations. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points A(n) __________ is a mini-dictionary usually located either at the beginning or end of a technical document. � A. sidebar B. glossary C. appendix D. online help link Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points When documents are lengthy and audience's backgrounds are widely varied, __________ can be created and placed at the end of the document to provide operational and expanded definitions of critical concepts; they can be used by those who need additional information and ignored by readers who do not need the explanations. � A. appendices B. sidebars C. footnotes D. information notes Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following statements is NOT true about technical descriptions? � A. Technical descriptions provide accurate information about physical features, but they rarely have any further impact. B. Sometimes technical descriptions constitute an entire document. C. Most of the time, technical descriptions are limited to a single segment of a longer document or presentation. D. Technical descriptions provide verifiable information that corresponds to assumed questions, such as What is it? What does it look like? Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points Common applications for technical descriptions include observation notes, training materials, and: � A. editorial viewpoints. B. proposals and reports. C. newspaper articles. D. e-mail communications. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points Some characteristics that help to make technical descriptions accessible in technical manuals are run-in headings, serif font, and: � A. accurate vocabulary. B. lengthy explanations. C. embedded figures. D. short paragraphs. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points Components which comprise the physical aspects of a device, without regard to purpose are: � A. graphical components. B. functional parts. C. structural parts. D. dimensions. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points If the purpose of a specific visual is to describe individual parts in relation to the whole or to give an image of each individual component, then the selected visual should be: � A. photographs, realistic drawings, or contour maps. B. phantom views, schematics, or cross-section maps. C. exploded views, cutaways, blueprints, or drawings of individual parts. D. photographs, videos, or realistic drawings. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is appropriate for the conclusion of a technical description? � A. What is its history? B. What separates it from similar objects? C. What are the benefits or problems? D. Where does the object fit in relation to similar ones? Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points __________ explain sequential actions to members of an audience who need enough details to understand an action or process, but not enough to necessarily enable them to complete it. � A. Process explanations B. Technical descriptions C. Instructions D. Benefits or advantages Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 15 of 20 5.0 Points Faced with negative consequences such as� difficulty getting hired at other companies within the same field,� what would most likely be a valid reason for why� a technical communicator would choose to be a whistleblower when directed, for example, to document in writing the safety of a hazardous product or process? � A. Attention-seeking behavior B. Legal requirements and a sense of responsibility to the community. C. Promotion or pay raise D. Lack of loyalty to employer Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 16 of 20 5.0 Points An effective way to present a process explanation that precedes step-by-step instructions is: � A. to insert a photograph of the final product. B. to make a chart of the benefits of the product. C. to construct a graph of production outcomes for the last month. D. to create a flowchart. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 17 of 20 5.0 Points In preparing a process explanation, the step of __________ forms the basis (backbone) of the process explanation and aids in designing visuals. � A. listing the sequence of steps in the process B. identifying the audience C. organizing the material D. choosing the diction Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 18 of 20 5.0 Points An overview of an entire sequence can be provided by timelines as well as by: � A. pie charts. B. bar graphs. C. schedules. D. scatter graphs. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 19 of 20 5.0 Points When writing process explanations, use active voice when: � A. the action involves a person and you want to emphasize the recipient of the action. B. when the person doing the the action is insignificant or unimportant. C. when the action does not involve a person and you want to emphasize the recipient of the action. D. the action involves a person and you want to emphasize the operator or the doer of the action. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 20 of 20 5.0 Points Because process explanations are chronological, writers often use __________ to signal movement from one part of the process to the next. � A. thesis statements B. headings and subheadings C. commas D. bullets � � �

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is the best example of a formal presentation situation? � A. Presentation of your findings at weekly departmental meetings B. A short presentation to a group of people who will use the information you present as a springboard for a group discussion C. A meeting with your immediate supervisor D. A presentation to corporate executives or international customers Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points Audience members who include people in decision-making positions who may have limited technical experience, such as corporate officers, governmental officials, and military leaders, are best described as: � A. professional peers. B. nonexpert professionals. C. international audiences. D. general audiences. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points When you show your audience how something is done, define and describe a process as it happens, and educate the audience, you are providing: � A. an informal presentation. B. a persuasive presentation. C. a demonstration. D. a training session. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points When you avoid cramming too much information into the allotted time, intersperse difficult material with easier material, and use a variety of activities, you are using the strategy of: � A. making what you say easy to listen to and remember. B. varying the pacing and structure of your presentation. C. encouraging active involvement. D. creating an audience-centered atmosphere. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points Making the statement "So far I have explained three common methods to eliminate exposed asbestos in your facility" is an example of __________ the presentation. � A. including summaries in B. using transitions in C. previewing the organization of D. drawing conclusions from facts presented in Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points When using flip charts or posters in a presentation, the people in the last row should be able to easily read the information on the visual; allow __________ of letter height for every ten feet of audience. � A. 1/2 inch B. 1 1/2 inches C. 1 inch D. 2 inches Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following statements is true about handouts? � A. Handouts should provide only the key points of your presentation; otherwise, your audience will read the handouts instead of listening to you. B. You should always give the handout at the very beginning of the presentation. C. Handouts should be presented as loose pages so that the participants can bind them in their preferred manner. D. In a long set of handouts, it is easier for the audience to "turn to the page following the blue page divider" than to "turn to page 9 in your handout." Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points Correspondence is different from other genres of technical communication; examples of correspondence include: � A. reports. B. e-mail and memos. C. training manuals. D. technical instructions. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is NOT true concerning electronic messages? � A. Do not respond immediately to a message that upsets you. B. Keep the message brief and on topic. C. You do not need to refer to the content of the original message by quoting or summarizing the subject. D. Cover only one topic in each message to make replying, forwarding, or organizing archived messages easier. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is true concerning e-mail? � A. A survey by the American Management Association found that 95% of employees work for companies that have e-mail policies and all of those employees are familiar with their company's policies. B. According to a court decision in a case involving Nissan (as discussed in your textbook), companies do not own everything that is sent on the networks they own; employees who send private e-mails on the company network retain ownership of all of the e-mails they write. C. In professional correspondence it is appropriate to use emoticons and� abbreviated spellings, such as "c u" for "see you" as these make people feel more comfortable with your message. D. Never write anything in an e-mail that you would not be willing to say to your boss or in a court of law. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points When writing e-mail, memos, and letters, organize material __________ if you anticipate a neutral or positive response. � A. in direct (descending) order B. in indirect (ascending) order C. using bullets D. by first asking questions which are then followed by explanatory material Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is an example of using the "you" attitude as discussed in the textbook? � A. Your order will be shipped on March 17, one week later than originally anticipated. B. I appreciate your hard work on this project. C. We need your crew to follow the new procedures. D. Our department is backlogged, so we will have to delay shipment of your order. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is the only component listed below that is different in a response that rejects an inquiry than in one that accepts an inquiry? � A. Acknowledge the inquiry. B. Offer an alternative. C. Build goodwill. D. Conclude in a friendly manner. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points Your textbook reviews the domino effect of correspondence by presenting the Tele-Robics case. Which of the following types of correspondence was NOT included in this chain of events? � A. Complaint letter to field service office B. Several e-mails and memos C. Letters to vendor and other customers D. All of the correspondence in a-c above was used in the case. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 15 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following is NOT a stated purpose of a proposal? � A. Solve a problem B. Investigate a subject C. Advocate a particular political viewpoint D. Sell a product or service Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 16 of 20 5.0 Points Theorists in psychology and communication believe that people reject or at least devalue information that conflicts with their existing beliefs; this principle is called: � A. internal conflict. B. comprehension failure. C. objective disagreement. D. cognitive dissonance. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 17 of 20 5.0 Points A(n) __________ is a syllogism in which the major premise is unacknowledged; thus it can address probabilities rather an verifiable information and can employ ethical and emotional arguments as well as logical arguments. � A. logical conclusion B. false syllogism C. enthymeme D. rebuttal Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 18 of 20 5.0 Points The ten most common reasons that proposals are turned down include lack of new or original ideas, absence of acceptable scientific rationale, and: � A. poor grammar and other written conventions. B. uncertainty concerning the future direction. C. scope of the work is too narrow. D. plan is too specifically focused. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 19 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following parts of the proposal explains the methodology that will be used to implement the plan? � A. Approach B. Benefits C. Evaluation D. Plan Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 20 of 20 5.0 Points Proposals are usually intended for management personnel or external readers and may range from __________ pages in length. � A. 20-30 B. 50-150 C. a few to several hundred D. 1-5

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Hi Al,

I'm having some difficulty with the last 20 questions. Can you tell me what book the class is using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Burnett, R. E. (2005). Technical communication (6th ed.). Boston:
Thomson Wadsworth.

ok thanks
Hi Al,

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnmdfi1sydyryxf

Regards,
FiveStarLaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ellen,

While I appreciate your effort, you both forgot to answer one of the questions on test one, and completely failed test two.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Can you please email me at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX I have additional questions and you can bill me directly with paypal

Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 12 months ago.

Sorry your email has been redacted by the site. There is a feature that would allow me to work with you directly off-site. You would need to open a new question page for the future to trigger