LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

This project has two parts: Part A and Part B. Using jGrasp,

This project has two parts: Part A and Part B.

Using jGrasp, create a project for Lab 4, and complete the following tasks.

Part A

Create a class called Location with the following specifications:
Private int fields x, y and z, initialized to zero.
An empty default constructor.
An overloaded constructor that sets all three field values.
Accessors for all three fields, creating read-only properties.
Public methods changeX, changeY and changeZ with int parameter that increments the appropriate field by the parameter value.
Public method getLocation that returns a String displaying the values of x, y and z in the format of (x, y, z).
Note: This class must ONLY be called and accessed from the Guide class defined below.
Create a class called Guide with the following specifications:
Private Location field location.
Six private constant String class variables called UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, IN, and OUT set to U, D, L, R, I, and O respectively.
A default constructor that creates the location class field object.
Public method move with a String parameter specifying the direction, and that uses the direction value using if..else if statements to check the direction parameter against the class constants UP, DOWN, etc., changing the value of the location x, y or z fields by calling changeX, changeY or changeZ. DOWN, LEFT, and IN would pass -1, while UP, RIGHT and OUT would pass +1. The method should then return the current location as a String.
Public method getLocation that returns a String containing the current location.
Test your classes by creating a Guide object and calling the move method with the following sequence: U, U, U, L, O, O, O, O, O. When completed, display the location.
As an alternative, you may also use the Scanner object to accept keyboard input, using the do..while syntax [Extra Credit - Chapter 5].

Part B

Update the Guide class with the following specifications:
Change the move method by replacing the if..else if syntax with a switch statement. Use block comments to comment the if..else if code.
Public method setRandom that returns the current location, with three int parameters: xMax, yMax and zMax. This method will reset the Guide location object to either 0, 0, 0, or to random x, y and z values based on the values of xMax, yMax and zMax. For example, if xMax is 50, your code must select a random number for x between -50 and +50.
Public method getDistance that calculates the distance from a Guide parameter object to the current Guide instance, and returns this distance. If the Guide parameter is null, the distance should be 0. Use the following webpage to determine the mathematical formula, and a calculator to validate your calculations: http://easycalculation.com/analytical/distance3.php.
Test your changes creating a new Guide object, and calling the setRandom method, using values of 5, 10, 15.
Calculate the distance from the new Guide object from the original Guide object (pass the new Guide as a parameter).
Output the distance using the DecimalFormat object, using a format specifier that supports commas to the left of the decimal place, and three decimal places.

Deliverables

Create a single ZIP file that contains your complete jGrasp project folder with the lab assignment. Remember to properly name both your jGrasp project, your Java source files and classes, and the single ZIP file. You must also include a UML diagram of your developed classes, and you must generate and include JavaDocs, which means you MUST comment your code using JavaDoc standards.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome here.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello. When is the fastest you could have it finished? Does the price fluctuate or stay consistent?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Jordon, This has two parts and also generating javadoc and UML. You can raise the price as indicated. I have sent an email with new price. You can check inbox/spam folder of the email registered with JustAnswer.com and let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot afford $80, that is more than double the original estimate. Im sorry.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Jordan,
You can increase to what you want to let me see
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot find where to increase my bid? Do I just type my new amount here?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure either so you can mention here. You will have the option to add rest as bonus after you rate the answer.
Also let me know what should be put as name of auther of the classes to generate javadoc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The name of the author would be JorXXXXX XXXXX. I found the Edit Price button.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
ok Jordan :) For you this time. Please check back in 1 hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help. I know it is a somewhat unsophisticated problem for your skill level, but the community college I am going to has no java tutors in the cs lab and ive posted several times on the forums to get help from other students and no one responds. So this is the last platform I have for help on even remedial questions.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
You will always get answers and help here Jordon.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Download:
http://www.wikisend.com/download/290270/jGraspProjectLab4.zip

Unzip to a real folder on your computer
Open jgrasp, click on project->Open and navigate to unzipped project

I have included a document having UMLs.

documentation is in doc folder. You can open index.html in browser to see the documentation.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you did to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.

Thank you for using this site!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello LogicPro and thank you for your quick responses. I downloaded and extracted the jGraspProjectLab4 file and opened it to view the contents. I open the "src" file and then opened the "Guide", "Location" and "Test" classes to compile and run them and I keep getting an error saying this "Location.java:12: error: error while writing Location: Temp1_jGraspProjectLab4.zip\classes\Location.class (Access is denied)

public class Location {

^

1 error "

I am not sure what to do.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Have you unzipped the zip file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I downloaded the zipped file, and put it on my desktop. I right clicked the zipped file and hit "extract all". Now there is a file with no zipper on it, on my desktop. That is the file I am using. Did I unzip correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I tried again and everything seems to be compiling fine. Are the "Location" and "Guide" classes supposed to have no main method?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok great. I think that is the last of my questions. Thanks a lot for your help. Do I just rate you now and that finishes our transaction?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
yes, thank you.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro