Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

penfoster 25 multi choice1.in the context of a therapeutic

Customer Question

penfoster 25 multi choice

1.in the context of a therapeutic program, you’ll regularly take a drug that causes you to get violently ill whenever you drink alcohol. Among behavioral approaches to therapy, this would best be called A.aversive conditioning B.systematic desensitizing C.contingent conditioning D.negative reinforcement

2. Lois and lang are in a seated discussion over the effectiveness of psychotherapy. Lois maintains that psychotherapy works for most people. Lang argues that it does not work for everyone. Who is correct? A.Lois is correct B.Lang is correct C.both Lois and land are correct d.neither Lois Nor lang is correct

3.which therapeutic approach does not require the present of a psychological professional? A.interpersonal therapy B.family therapy C.self-help therapy d. Humanistic therapy

4.and the contexts of a rational – emotional behavioral therapy, which of the following is considered a unrealistic and a irrational idea? a.we must be accomplished and successful in every aspect of our lives to feel like a worthwhile person B.it’s not a big deal when things don’t go the way I want them to C.how I view a situation affects how I feel about myself in that situation D.no one in my life should love me and approve of what I do

5.which of the following statements regarding electroconvulsive therapy-ECT is true? A.it isn’t known why ECT works when it does work B.disorientation and confusion always accompany ECT therapy C. depression doesn’t return after ECT treatments have been concluded D.side effects may include memory loss that lasts for years

6.according to psychologist Martin Seligman, depression is largely a response to A.chronic negative circumstances B.learning helplessness C.sexual abuse during childhood D.manic elevation 7.in psychodynamic therapy, a primary focus is on penetrating the client’s A.expectations B.unconscious hostility C.defense mechanisms D.ApaTHY

8.the most common symptom of a generalized anxiety disorder is A.confusion B.trembling hands C.A racing heart D. inability to relax

9. After Darrell spends some time watching a boy his age happily playing with a dog, Darrell begins to lose his fear of dogs. Which approach to psychotherapy is best illustrated in this scenario? A.cognitive – behavioral B.dialectical behavior therapy C.rational/emotive D.operant conditioning

10.and the process of frEUDIAN psychoanalysis, patients may come to think of the therapist as a symbol of their feelings for a parent, lover, or abuser. This pheromone is referred to as A.latent content B.transference C.projection D.free Association

11. The – – – perspective on psychological disorders has been criticized for relying on un-significant and non-variable information A.cognitive

B.sociocultural

C.behavioral

D.humanistic

12.and the contexts of trends in community psychology, which statement is true?

A.telephone hotlines are a negative development in the community psychology

B.A high proportion of the homeless adults suffer from a psychological disorder

C.psychoactive drugs have greatly increased the need to physically restrain mental patients

D.DEINSTITUTIONALIZATION has been greatly decreased in recent years

13.______ drugs focus on efforts to change the concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain. For example, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors concentrate serotonin in synapsis between neurons.

A. Anti-Exide

B. Antidepressant

C. Mood stabilizer

D. Antipsychotic

14. Dr. cranberry suspects that her client is selectively failing to recall an event that must, by all evidence, be stored in his memory. If the therapist turns out to be correct in this assessment, she’ll identify the disorder as dissociative

A. Amnesia

B.fugue

C. Repression

D. Indentity disorder

15. When Dr. Payne prescribes lithium for a bipolar disorder, she understands that

A. The specific neurological effects of lithium have long been recognized

B. Lithium is mainly successful in treating the depressive effect of the disorder

C. Antidepressants are counter – indicated when a patient is being treated with lithium

D. Lithium can prevent reoccurrence of manic episodes

16. Which of the following statements regarding the DSM – Iv – TR is most accurate?

A.critics agree that the DSM – IV-TR system of classification has successfully increase the reliability of diagnosis without necessarily increasing their validity.

B.critics of DSM-IV-TR argues that the classification system overemphasizes psychological factors associated with specific disorders

C.the DSM-IV-TR offers therapists a firm foundation for estimating the degree of which a given individual is afflicted with specified disorder

D.the DSM-IV-TR offers therapists and means of determining casual factors underlying a specific psychological disorder

17.which symptoms would PSYCHIAtrists or psychologists associate with the type II, negative – symptoms schizophrenia?

A. Hallucinations

B. Presence of emotional extremes

C. Social withdrawal

D. Paranoid delusions

18. Regarding perspectives on abnormality, medical what is the common ground between the medical spend the psychoanalytic perspectives?

A. Both of you abnormal behaviors as symptoms of underlying problems

B. Both you abnormal behaviors as learned behaviors

C. Both of you abnormal behaviors as roots in biological process

D. Both assume that people’s thoughts and beliefs underlie problematic behavior

19.for the psychologist, abnormal behavior can be thought of as expressing distress of some kind that obstructs one’s ability to function. Because this is such a broad definition, it’s best to think of the range of behavior from normal to abnormal as

A. Statistical variations

B. Lying along a continuum

C. Observable patterns

D. Entirely dependent on diagnostic assumptions

20. The key theme to humanistic therapy is

A. Self – criticism

B. Emotional expressions

C. Physiological reasoning

d. Self – responsibility

21. Regarding possible environmental causes of schizophrenia, the concept of expressed emotion refers to an interactive style characterized by

A. Hostility, criticism,intresiveness

B. Withdrawal and isolation

C. Observe perfectionism

D. Practical jokes

22.A therapist determines that Alice depends on relationships with other people to find some shaky ground for herself – identity. In this context, Alice has always been devastated by rejection from any kind. Alice is most likely to be diagnosed as suffering from a – an

A. Narcissistic personality disorder B. Sociopathic personality C. Borderline personality disorder D. Antisocial personality disorder

23. Attempting to learn more about the psychological aspect of depression, Dr. Paul observes levels and areas of the brain activation in equal numbers of male and female subjects as they are viewing images of people exhibiting angry, sad, and fearful facial expressions. What is Dr. Paul most likely to observe?

A. Changes are better that2 to 1 that the subject is female if the brain activation is significantly greater than normal

B. Brain activation is markedly less and subjects diagnosed with depression

C. Changes are better that 2 to 1 that the subject is male if the brain activation levels are significantly suppressed

D. Brain activation is significantly greater in subjects diagnosed with depression

24. And which of these statements is the scientific rationale for distinguishing type I and type II most clearly illustrated?

A. The symptomatic profile for type I and type II schizophrenia is different

B.type I schizophrenia are most likely to be a treat to themselves and others

C. If subjects X and Y are identical twins and X is diagnosed with type I schizophrenia , we can be nearly 100% assured that Y will also develop type I schizophrenia.

D. Type II schizophrenic are more likely to be a threat to themselves and others

25. Psychologist consider___behavior to be behavior that causes people to experience distress and prevent themselves from functioning in their daily lives.

A. Adolescent

B. Deviant

C. Abnormal

D. Aberrant

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 10 months ago.
Hello Sammy,

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. A. aversive conditioning
2. C. Both Lois and Lang are correct.
3. C. Self-help therapy
4. A. We must be accomplished and successful in every aspect of our lives to feel like a worthwhile person.
5. A. It isn't’t known why ECT works when it does work
6. B. learned helplessness
7. B. unconscious hostility.
8. D. inability to relax
9. D. operant conditioning
10. B. transference
11. D. humanistic
12. B. A high proportion of the homeless adults suffer from a psychological disorder
13. B. Antidepressant
14. A. Amnesia
15. D. Lithium can prevent reoccurrence of manic episodes
16. A. Critics agree that the DSM-IV-TR system of classification has successfully increase the reliability of diagnosis without necessarily increasing their validity.
17. C. Social withdrawal
18. A. Both view abnormal behaviors as symptoms of underlying problems
19. B. Lying along a continuum
20. D. Self-responsibility
21. A. Hostility, criticism, intrusiveness
22. C. Borderline personality disorder
23. B. Brain activation is markedly less in subjects diagnosed with depression
24. A. The symptomatic profile for type I and type II schizophrenia is different
25. C. Abnormal

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you have a different answer for number 7 and 16?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)