Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

pennfoster exam 050201RR 25 multi choice questions

1.Prescott is an old hand in the print shop. He insists that there’s only one dependable kind of process for printing and three color brochure. By contrast, Baldwin recognizes several different approaches to the three color print through the use of new digital technologies. Psychologist would say that Prescott’s point of view is limited by his

1. observant perfectionism

2. fundamental fixation

3. mental laziness

4. mental set

2.I’m having some trouble recalling what I’ve previously learned about the battle of Gettysburg because I just read a new book offering new information on Civil War battle. That sort of phenomenon is referred to as _____interference.

A. Distractive

B. Retroactive

C. Proactive

D. Passive

3. professor dore maintains that language development through the interplay of genetically determine the factors and environmental influences that shaped how the language is learned. Professor Dore supports

A. Nativist approach to language development

B. linguistic - relativity hypothesis

C. interaction approach to language development

D.learning theory approach to language development

4. after taking the drug, Rupert reported vivid hallucinations, altered perception of sound and color, and distorted time perception. It’s most likely that the drug Rupert took was

A. Marijuana

B. Cocaine

C. LSB

D. MDMA

5. responding to stimuli that are similar but not identical to a conditioned stimulus is called

A. Respondent reinforcement

B. Spontaneous recovery

C. Stimulus discrimination

D. Stimulus generalization

6.which of the following statements regarding hypnosis is the best response?

A. People who are most susceptible to hypnosis are unable to concentrate on anything for very long

B. In general, today’s researchers have concluded that hypnosis is distinct from ordinary waking consciousness

C. All people are susceptible to hypnosis

D. Not all psychologists feel that hypnosis is a distinct altered state of consciousness

7. during the____ days of problem-solving, and means – ends analysis is very common heuristic.

A. Judgment

B. Preparation

C. Algorithm

D. Productions

8. there is evidence that sudden infant death syndrome is related to

A.narcolepsy

B.insomnia

C.sleep apnea

D.night terrors

9. an instance of – – recovery, a conditioned response that has been extinguished reappears when a person is exposed to a related stimulus.

A.spontaneous

B.generalized

C.automatic

D.incomplete

10. Natasha has been living in Philadelphia for several months and is rapidly mastering the English language.However, she is often turned to her American friend, Emily, when she is uncertain about a concept. One day, Natasha turns to Emily and asks, “what are you meaning when you ask this word ‘vehicle’?” If you were Emily, which of these prototypes would be most likely to point to feel fairly certain that Natasha “gets it”?

A. jetliner passing overhead

B. an automotive

C. An escalator

D. An elevator

11. which of the following statements regarding RDM sleep is true?

A. RDM sleep occurs during stage III sleep.

B. Dreaming causes major muscle contractions and tossing and turning.

C. Roughly 20% of adults sleep time is accompanied by REM.

D. Space REM sleep occurs only during state for sleep.

12. I want to condition a pet pig to come running for food reward when I blow a whistle. In the process of this conditioning effort, a main idea is to

A. Pair a neutral stimulus with an unconditioned stimulus.

B. Teach the pig to accept food when it’s hungry.

C. There a conditioned stimulus with an unconditioned stimulus.

D. Teach the pig to pay attention to the sound of a whistle.

13. I reward your behavior after I observe you correctly following a product assembly procedure six times. And operant conditions, this kind of partial reinforcement is based on a – – schedule.

A. Variable – ratio

B. Fixed – ratio

C. Variable – interval

D. Fixed – interval

14. Which of the following is a specific technique used in behavior modification?

A. Reinforcing drug – related behaviors

B. Keeping no records as a program is implemented

C. Selecting a behavior – change strategy

D. Training subject to helpful weight – loss strategies

15.common repetition technique for moving new information from short-term memory to long-term memory is called

A. elaboration

B. Selective reduction

C. Reversal

D. Reduction

16. a particular kind of neuron, called a – – – neuron, fires when we observe someone else’s behavior.

A. Modeling

B. Reflective

C. Cognitive

D. Mirror

17. After Katie’s visit to Paris, her memories about what she saw and learned were influenced by the music in the background, by the comments of her traveling companions, and by the right light reflecting off of the Seine, reminding Kate of her childhood home on the banks of the Wabash. Psychologist would say that keeps memories of Paris are influenced by the meanings she gave to aspects of her experience through

A. Episodic memory

B. Constructive processes

C. Implicit memories

B. Flashbulb memory

18according to information provided in your text, circadian rhythms are associated with

A. Time of the month that pregnant women are likely to go into labor.

B. Cycle of waking and sleeping.

C. Attacks of sleep apnea

D. The occurrence of anxiety attacks

19. Trying to make sense of an article in the world events section of the daily mirror, Matlock turns to Thomas and asks,” where’s Khartoum?” Thomas, looking up from his coffee, says,” Africa. It’s the capital of Sudan.” If you hold with the idea that a long-term memory includes distinct models, what sort of memory does Thomas’s reply indicate?

A. Procedural – episodic

B. Procedural – semantic

C. Declarative – semantic

D. Declarative – episodic

20. I help Cameron learn to play a guitar by guiding him through a sequence of reinforced behaviors, such as holding the guitar, tuning the guitar, and properly fingering simple chords. In the operant conditioning perspective, this is called

A. Shaping

B. Gradual reinforcement

C. Graded reinforcement

D. Latent learning

21. Knowing that Dr. Mallet, a clinical psychologist, is interested in the latent and manifest content of his client’s dreams, it’s safest to suspect that Dr. Mallet embraces – – –theory.

A. Dreams – for – survival

B. Unconscious wishes – fulfillment

C. Activation – synthesis

D. Repressive – activation

22.methadone can be used to treat heroin addicts. However, the main drawback in this sort of treatment is that the methadone

A. Is psychologically addictive

B. Is biologically addictive

C. Is very expensive to produce, sent it derived from a rare tropical plants

D. Provides the same sort of high the attic experiences with heroine

23.you deprive your six year old of dessert each time he fails to eat his spinach. In this sort of – – – you weaken a response through taking away something pleasant or desired.

A. Negative punishment

B. Positive punishment

C. Positive reinforcement

D. Negative reinforcement

24. which of the following statements regarding latent learning is most accurate?

A. Latent learning occurs in spite of negative reinforcement

B. Latent learning doesn’t require cognitive processes

C. Latent learning occurs without reinforcement

D. Latent learning suggests that environmental knowledge is generally predetermined.

25.which of the following best illustrates the negative reinforce?

A. Nancy learns that she prefers chocolate over vanilla.

B. Carmine changes his major to English lit after failing a math exam.

C. Copland gives up candy to stave off chronic acid indigestion.

D. On a hot day, Lindberg always drinks lemonade.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 10 months ago.
Hello Sammy,

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. D. mental set
2. B. Retroactive
3. C. Interaction approach to language development
4. C. LSD
5. D. Stimulus generalization
6. B. In general, today’s researchers have concluded that hypnosis is distinct from ordinary waking consciousness
7. D. Production
8. B. Retroactive
9. A.spontaneous
10. B. an automobile
11. C. Roughly 20% of adults sleep time is accompanied by REM.
12. C. Pair a conditioned stimulus with an unconditioned stimulus.
13. D. Fixed – interval
14. C. Selecting a behavior -> change strategy
15. C. Rehearsal
16. D. Mirror
17. C. Implicit memories. B. Cycle of waking and sleeping.
19. C. Declarative – semantic
20. A. Shaping
21. B. Unconscious wishes – fulfillment
22. B. Is biologically addictive
23. A. Negative punishment
24. C. Latent learning occurs without reinforcement
25. C. Copland gives up candy to stave off chronic acid indigestion.

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thank you very much for that ,but could you review question 8 again? the answer given is not one of my multi choice questions.

A.narcolepsy

B.insomnia

C.sleep apnea

D.night terrors

Sorry about that. The answer is 'C.sleep apnea'.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

question 6. 12 13. and 17. are incorrect. Do you have any alterative answers?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)