Carla
Carla, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.
19007361

Database Homework Question

Create an SQL database You are being asked to create the CREATE DATABASE script for a new database instance. The name of the new database should be LABII. Create a script file using Notepad that would create this database:
• The following parameters need to be defined and settings assigned:
o Maxlogfiles to allow up to 5 groups
o Maxlogmembers to allow up to 4
o Maxdatafiles to allow up to 100
o Maxinstances to allow only 2

• A system datafile should be based on the following guidelines:
o Named SYSTEM01.DBF located on the C: with the directory path noted above. Have a storage clause set to AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K and should have a MAXSIZE of UNLIMITED.
o Have a file size of 100M.

• A system auxiliary datafile should be based on the following guidelines:
o Named SYSAUX01.DBF located on the C: with the directory path noted above. Have a storage clause set to AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K and should have a MAXSIZE of UNLIMITED.
o Have a file size of 100M.

• Two logfile groups should be created based on the following guidelines:
o Each group should have two 4M log files. Log group one will have file REDO01A.LOG located on the C: drive and REDO01B.LOG located on the E: drive. Each drive should use the directory path noted above in the opening scenario/summary section.
o Log group two will have file REDO02A.LOG located on the E: drive and REDO02B.LOG located on the F: drive. Each drive should use the directory path noted above in the opening scenario/summary section. You can include settings for character sets if you wish; however, since this database resides in an already defined DBMS, the default character sets defined with Oracle was installed would be used. Be sure to include a semicolon at the end of the script to indicate the end of the script.

REMEMBER-–you are not required, nor should you try, to execute this script.

Here is the instruction file: http://ge.tt/6jir8Hx/v/0

As promised, you can download your script to create the database from here:

http://wikisend.com/download/933108/create_statement.txt

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a question?

Do I have to add my database instance info in the below path?

'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORACLE:SYSTEM01.DBF' SIZE 100M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED,

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I got the answer.

Thank you for the help.