Carla
Carla, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.

Create an SQL database You are being asked to create the

Create an SQL database

You are being asked to create the CREATE DATABASE script for a new database instance. The name of the new database should be LABII. Create a script file using Notepad that would create this database:
• The following parameters need to be defined and settings assigned:
o Maxlogfiles to allow up to 5 groups
o Maxlogmembers to allow up to 4
o Maxdatafiles to allow up to 100
o Maxinstances to allow only 2
• A system datafile should be based on the following guidelines:
o Named SYSTEM01.DBF located on the C: with the directory path noted above. Have a storage clause set to AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K and should have a MAXSIZE of UNLIMITED.
o Have a file size of 100M.
• A system auxiliary datafile should be based on the following guidelines:
o Named SYSAUX01.DBF located on the C: with the directory path noted above. Have a storage clause set to AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K and should have a MAXSIZE of UNLIMITED.
o Have a file size of 100M.
• Two logfile groups should be created based on the following guidelines:
o Each group should have two 4M log files. Log group one will have file REDO01A.LOG located on the C: drive and REDO01B.LOG located on the E: drive. Each drive should use the directory path noted above in the opening scenario/summary section.
o Log group two will have file REDO02A.LOG located on the E: drive and REDO02B.LOG located on the F: drive. Each drive should use the directory path noted above in the opening scenario/summary section.
You can include settings for character sets if you wish; however, since this database resides in an already defined DBMS, the default character sets defined with Oracle was installed would be used. Be sure to include a semicolon at the end of the script to indicate the end of the script.

REMEMBER-–you are not required, nor should you try, to execute this script.

I will upload the instruction file where you will get a clear idea about this. Once you ready to do this let me know I will upload the file.

Thanks.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
Hello

Can you upload the instruction file and paste the download link here so that I can take a look at it?

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

here is the link

Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.

I will have a look at the doc you uploaded and will get back to you later on this evening.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok I will wait for you then.

Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
Ok, thanks.
Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.

As promised, you can download your script to create the database from here:

http://wikisend.com/download/933108/create_statement.txt

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Let me download the file. I will get back to you if is there anything if not I will rate it finish the payment.

Thank you sooo much...!!

Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
No problems.

Let me know if there are any problems, if not please don't forget to rate this question. :)

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Hello Carla,

I have a question?

Do I have to add my database instance info in the below path?

'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORACLE:SYSTEM01.DBF' SIZE 100M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED,

Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Carla, Engineer
Experience: Bachelor's degree in Data Processing Technology. Over 12+ years experience in IT, Databases and Systems Administration.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok I got the answer.

Thank you for the help.

Also I am posting another new question. Just to show you the question I am posting it in this message please take a look and let me know then I will post it as a new question.

HANDS-ON #1: Working with Dictionary and Oracle Managed Files

Back to top

As the DBA for your company, you have decided to install a new version of the Oracle Enterprise database to replace the current database version being used. The old database has become a constant headache and seems to be causing an overload on the disk drive's I/O channels. Further analysis has also shown that two primary large tables are the main points of access. These tables are CUST_REC and ACCT_RECV tables. You also have a new server with three large-capacity disk drives: F, G, and H. Briefly, provide the following information:

1. Describe how you plan to rectify the I/O problem with the new Oracle10g database using the UMF method.

2. Describe how you would solve the same problem using the OMF method.

Place and save your answers in a Word document.

HANDS-ON #2: Configuring the INIT.ORA File

Back to top

The lines of code below are from an existing init.ora file, and they contain several errors and maybe even a parameter that does not belong. After reviewing the code, do the following:

1. List the errors you find.

2. Rewrite the code with corrections to the errors found. Format the code as you would expect to see it in the init.ora file with appropriate section titles in comment areas. You can use the example in the iLab Manual as a guide.

###############
Cache and I/O
###############
db block size=8192, db domain="detroit.usa"
remote login passwordfIle=EXCLUSIVE control_files=("D:\newlogs\contro199.ctl") maxinstances=2
compatible=101020
###############
Database Name
###############
db name=prod901.detroit.usa
instance name=trialO2

Place and save your answers in the Word document.

Expert:  Carla replied 5 months ago.
Hi [Customer Name],

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please rate my answer so that I can get paid for my time. I only get paid when you rate my answer.

If there is anything preventing you from rating my answer as Excellent, please let me know and we can continue working on your question until you are happy!

Let me know,
[Expert Name]