R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

A simulation: We want to simulate

I have following assignment:

A simulation: We want to simulate the heating of a piece of metal which is warmed from the outside.

To simplify things, we restrict ourselves to a two-dimensional case, and discretize the problem. Given is a n × n grid of cells (the piece of metal). Every cell represents a temperature as an integer. Initially, all cells which are not on the boundary of the grid have temperature tm. The cells at the boundary of the grid always have temperature th. Temperatures are measured in hundredth of a degree and give as integers, that is 27.34◦C is represented by 2734. You may assume that n ≥ 2. The heating process is discretized into steps as follows: For all cells c other that the boundary cells, consider the 3 × 3 sub-grid with c in the center. Compute the average temperature tavg(c) over the sub-grid as a double and round it downward to a hundredth of a degree. Denote this by tround(c). Once this is done for all non-boundary cells, the temperature of c is set to tround(c). Then the next step begins. (This is a simplification of the actual physical process). The temperature of the boundary cells is kept at a fixed at th. Below an example with for the initial situation with n = 5, th = 3000 and tm =1000

3000 3000 3000 3000 3000

3000 1000 1000 1000 3000

3000 1000 1000 1000 3000

3000 1000 1000 1000 3000

3000 3000 3000 3000 3000

What you have to do:

• Implement the simulation into a class Heating. Allow the user to select the parameters n, th, tm in the constructor: Heating(int n, int th; int tm)

• Implement a instance methods which performs k steps of the simulation runSimulation(int k)

• Implement a instance methods which returns the current temperatures row-wise in degrees with two-decimal precision, blank separated. toString()

For the above example this should result in

30.00 30.00 30.00 30.00 30.00

30.00 10.00 10.00 10.00 30.00

30.00 10.00 10.00 10.00 30.00

30.00 10.00 10.00 10.00 30.00

30.00 30.00 30.00 30.00 30.00

----- I need a written document next to this explaining every move done in java. If you can help me fix this withing 16 hours i will leave double tip thank you

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 8 months ago.

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with this project. I'll work on the problem and get back to you within a few hours.

Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank you appreciate it ! :)

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 8 months ago.
Most welcome!
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 8 months ago.
Ok, should I create a new document for working of the program or should I put in the comments inside the code itself showing which part does what? The latter would be easier to understand as you can directly analyze the code expression and what it does.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Would prefere a separate document if possible :)

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 8 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech