LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

I need to create a employee time clock in java using netbeans

I need to create a employee time clock in java using netbeans IDE 7.3.1

The timeclock needs to have a Main Screen that displays 4 options:
A) Add New Employee – Displays new employee screen
B) Punch In/Out – Displays punch in/out screen
C) Report – Displays report screen
D) Exit – Exits the program

• Display an input field called “Choice” to input one of the four options.
• Inputting an incorrect option shall display a prompt indicating that the input was invalid and to try again.

Add New Employee Screen
The ‘add new employee screen’ shall:
• Add a new employee (we will not worry about modifying or deleting.), saving the data to a memory object or file.
o The program shall allow the user to enter the Employee’s First and Last Name
o The program shall validate the first and last name entered to ensure they are not blank. (We will assume that everyone has a first and last name.)
o The program shall assign a new employee ID to the employee and display it on the screen.
o The employee ID shall be generated by adding 1 to the largest employee ID already in the employee memory object (or employee.txt data file).
o The program shall allow the user to enter an unlimited number of employees. In console based applications, the system shall prompt “Do you want to enter another? (y/n). Entering ‘y’ shall clear the screen and prompt for another employee. If ‘n’, the program shall return to the main screen.
o The employee data shall be saved to a memory object called employee (or file called employee.txt)
o Optional functionality: Check the first and last name to ensure that there are only valid characters. For examples, filter out numbers, punctuation, etc. Commas can cause problems because the data is being saved to comma-delimited files and that can be a headache!

Punch in/out Screen
The ‘punch in/out screen’ shall:
• Save the punch in or punch out date and time of the employee to a memory object (or file).
o The date and time, ‘I’ for Punched In or ‘O’ for punched out along with the Employee ID shall be saved to a memory object called timeclock (or file called timeclock.txt).
o The recorded date for ‘punched in’ and ‘punched out’ shall be the method for matching corresponding records.
o The program shall test to ensure that there is a ‘Punched in’ record for the corresponding day before a ‘punched out’ record is saved. If none is found, prompt the user to enter a ‘punched in’ time.
o When the user has punched in or out, the program shall display a message indicating that the employee has punched in or out, the employee ID, date and time.
o In console based applications the screen shall display “Press any key to continue”
o In console based applications the program shall return to the main menu after a key is pressed when the “Press any key to continue” prompt is displayed.
o Optional functionality: Add the day of the week to the data saved.
Report Screen (Hint: If you are writing a console application, java.io.PrintWriter may be useful.)
The ‘report screen’ shall:
• Allow the user to display a work history report for an individual or for all employees for the two weeks prior to the report request.
o The screen shall display a prompt to enter ‘I’ for individual employee report, ‘A’ for all employees report.
o If the selected value is ‘I’, prompt the user to enter the employee’s ID number.
 If ‘I’ is selected the display shall show the employee’s name and ID, list out each day worked in chronological order, the number of hours worked that day and a total number of hours worked in the two week period.
 The report shall prompt the user to re-enter an employee ID of it does not exist in the employee file.
 Optional Functionality: If the user inputs a nonexistent employee ID more than 3 times, prompt the user and then return to the main screen.
o If the selected value is ‘A’, output the information to the console for the past two weeks.
o The end of the report shall display “Press any key to continue” to return to the main menu.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome here and thank you for requesting me.
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need the main screen by tomorrow, but the remaining screens I have more flexibility with

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think that is doable?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.

yes. I am sending an email indicating new and fair price for this question. You may increase the price Please check inbox/spam/junk folder of the email address registered with JustAnswer and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok that's fine

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
You may increase the price
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure how to do that

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
you can add rest as bonus after you rate the answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh ok, no problem.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Download zip file and output being produced from here:
http://ge.tt/7zJcJ2x

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.

Thank you for using this site!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried running those files in netbeans and I am getting errors. I put each file as a class, but still getting errors. Also, are you going to finish the other screens?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
It working fine and has all the screens and requirements.
I have created netbeans project for you
Download>
Download EmployeeTime.zip

Unzip to get NetBeans project folder

Uncompress/Unzip the zip file to a real folder on disk.

Open NetBeans

Click on file->open project

Navigate to unzipped folder and click open

The project will be shown in left pane (project explorer)

Expand project by clicking [+]

Expand source packages by clicking [+]

Expand default package by clicking [+]

Right click on main.java and click Run to get output

You can input like the output shpwn here:
txt
output.txt

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm pretty sure I am doing it wrong. I took the files you initially sent me and created classes in netbeans. Now, I just overridden those files and put them in netbeans. Don't worry, I promise I will compensate you once I figure this all out.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried that but errors. I am going to attach a screen shot...I am leaving work now so I will be unavailable. I may need to pick this up tomorrow.

Attachment: 2013-11-03_032526_screenhot.docx

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Please expand src folder and show the file and line number where it is giving the error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I deleted the files again, downloaded as a zip and opened them in netbeans. Thank you. I don't see access to the other screens though?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
They are shown on the basis of the option you choose. As this is console based, you will get prompts after selecting the correct options
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, sorry for all the questions. How do I pay you more?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Once you rate the answer, you will get the options to add bonus. You can add rest as bonus

Thanks
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Hi Heather,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro