R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Hello, I need help in ExcelThe question is below, dynamic

Hello, I need help in Excel
The question is below, dynamic programming must be used in order to solve it, in a similar way how the transportation problems are solved in excel, I think it should be divided in stages, and I think the table might need to be transposed so each course is a separate stage

7. A student has four final exams to prepare for but can allocate only 25 hours of studying time. The expected grade for each course depends on the study time for its final exam. She estimates her grade as follows:

Course Hours of Study 0 5 10 15 20 25
Economics F B B B B A
Management F D C B A A
Computers F C C B B A
Health care F C B B A A

All courses are 3 credits each. She wishes to maximize her expected grade-point total (GPA). (The GPA is computed assuming A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1,F = 0).
Use dynamic programming to determine how the student should allocate her studying time.
Welcome to our forum!

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with your question. I'll prepare the answer and send to you within an hour or so.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is dynamic programming used? My professor told me that the solution of this should be very similar to a transportation problem that we did in class, this one is a little different

Yes, it's dynamic programming. Not sure about transportation problem, but it might be just another correct approach to the problem.